Buttercream Dream What's Going On?

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 5:30pm by rlsaxe

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I have been using the Buttercream Dream recipe on this site almost the whole time I've been decorating cakes well it tastes delicious I always thought that, I also have never had any complaints until recently a girl told me the cake was good in a good way well I guess I freaked out a little but moved on well I recently made it again and of course I was eating it too I made 5" cakes to give as gifts and kept one for me and my husband to pig out on, well thank God for the cookies and cream filling otherwise it would have been too sweet!!!

Do you think Buttercream Dream is too sweet or have I been a victim of being caked out!!!! It does use the same amount of podwered sugar as the all shortening recipe....
Confused very confused icon_confused.gif

4 replies
tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

I haven't made this recipe exactly, but I read the ingredients, and it sounds almost like the Wilton 1/2 and 1/2 (but doubled) that I use all the time. So no, I don't think it sounds too sweet. There are people who just don't like sweet, so I wouldn't worry about it, unless your taste buds have turned and maybe it's not your thing any more.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 5

I am not sure. I have only made it one time and it wasn't to sweet for me.

Maybe some others will have better answers.

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 5

I don't think its too sweet-- the half salted butter helps cut down on the sweetness.... I mean heck its buttercream, its icing on a cake, its supposed to be sweet!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5

well.....I made BC dream last week and absolutely loved it. BUT I will say when I ate it wiith the chocolate cake covered in fondant....the whole combo was very sweet! But then again, I go crazy when I have cake in the house and eat slices that are WAY TOO big! People forget that cake slices are supposed to be just that - slices. Instead we cut cake blocks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%