Shopping Excursion!

Decorating By Sherry0565 Updated 19 Feb 2006 , 4:48pm by cakemommy

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 10

I finally made it to Cincinnati Cake & Candy supplies and Sugarcraft today! Talk about being in Cake decorating Heaven! I was a little disappointed in Sugarcraft, because there was sooooo much in the store that I really couldn't find anything! It was just packed full of stuff. But Cinci cake & Candy supplies, well, lets just say I was there for a LONG time, and I spend well more than I should have! I guess I'm lucky, cuz I only live about 45 mins away, and only about an hour from sugarcraft!

Just wanted to share in my adventures!

9 replies
Justcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justcakes Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:03am
post #2 of 10

Sooooooooooooo what did ya get? Anything fun? icon_biggrin.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:04am
post #3 of 10

You are so lucky, I'm 3 hours from a Michael's and almost five from the Hobby Lobby and closest cake store. icon_cry.gif I can't even go to Walmart to just grab parchment bags or something since that's 2 hours away.

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 5:58am
post #4 of 10

I love both of those places! And like you, I tend to spend WAY more money than I should when I go!

I live about 30 min from Sugarcraft, about 20 min from the other one. I didn't realize until after I found this site that there's only one Sugarcraft, can't believe I'm lucky enough to be able to just pop in and browse (and not pay the shipping, LOL!)

Laura.

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 6:15am
post #5 of 10

Lucky ducks! Yeah, please spill. What did ya get??? HMMM HMMMM???? icon_biggrin.gif

Amy

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 7:26am
post #6 of 10

Waiting to hear about the goodies too icon_biggrin.gif

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 10

ok, ok....I picked up a couple of impression matts. (I really wanted the diamond design). I finally broke down and bought some Satin Ice fondant to try. I already tasted it, and everyone was right, it tastes very good. (especially compared to Wiltons). Lets see, I picked up a couple of rolls of embossed foil. (purple, blue, and black)
Some crystal spike pillars, and separator plates. Silver & Gold dragees, and some novelty Eyes. Oh, and I bought about 8 color gels, but the brand was Spectrum. Are these comparable to Americolor? Has anyone used the "Spectrum" colors? They come in a bottle exactly like americolor, so I didn't even notice until I got home. Hope they are as good.
I was like a Kid in a candy store! There was so much to look at, just going into the store gave me inspiration!
Laura, we are very lucky. We will definitely save a small fortune on Shipping charges!

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 1:10pm
post #8 of 10

I have no self control! I agree Sherry! I do cross stitch too, and whenever I go to AC Moore I have to roam the Wilton isle. I would be completely broke if I lived near a reall cake decorating store!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 10

Wow - how exciting! I'd love to go into a real cake shop and just bum around for a few hours! I'm sure I'd spend wayyyy too much! I usually buy all my stuff online b/c there are no cake shops near me and Michaels is over an hour away and really has no selection. Can you tell I'm a little jealous? icon_twisted.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 10

GOLD DRAGEES!!!!! YOU DIDN'T HAPPEN TO PICK UP TWO EXTRA BOTTLES FOR ME DID YOU!!!!!!!

I keep having to color premade white ones gold for my military cakes!!!! Having the real ones would help so much!!!!! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%