Cupcake Liners

Decorating By charman Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm by Win

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 8

Question...I made up some mini cupcakes last night, and after they were cooled...I noticed that some of the liners were falling off. Any clue as to why this would happen?

7 replies
WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 8

Sometimes I have two paper liners stuck together when they go into the pan (without knowing it) and so the outside one is falling off after the cupcake comes out of the pan.

Maybe this happened to you.

charman Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 8

No, only one liner per cupcake, but I can see where that would make sense, but not the case here.
C

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 8

I'm bumping this question, because it never really got answered, and I have the same problem. I have an order for 12 cupcakes tomorrow, and I'm afraid it will happen again. I'm just going to make extra cupcakes just in case, but does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!!

charman Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 8

okay, so this was posted a looonnnngggg time ago, and as said, it never really got answered, and I have had it happen again...primarily notice it with white cake or yellow cake...but exclusively. Any ideas out there?

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 8

Some people theorize that if you let the cupcake cool in the tin, they accumulate extra moisture which allows the wrapper to become loose. I always remove my cupcakes as soon as they are comfortable to touch and allow them to cool on a rack. I have never had trouble with the wrapper coming away from the cupcake itself using this method. HTH

charman Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 8

I typically dump them out the off muffin pans as soon as they come out of the oven so they do not continue to "bake" in the pans...so that I guess would delete that theory. It is so frustrating...I did a wedding that had cupcake bouquets, and got up that morning, and they were literally laying on the table where they had fallen out of their liners while on their picks. Luckily I had 4 doz. extras, but oh my...

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:00pm
post #8 of 8

There's a forum out on the web that discusses the amount of overall moisture in the cupcake batter itself. I'll link you below. I also forgot to mention that I bake all my cupcakes at 335 for consistent doneness --not too fast or too slow. I use a #16 disher to fill all my liners so the amount of batter is always consistent as well. People think cupcakes are easy, but they are not! icon_cool.gif

http://www.allthingscupcake.com/2008/08/02/cupcake-help-cupcake-liners-pulling-away/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%