Organization

Decorating By tigerlilly Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 6:00pm by jmt1714

tigerlilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerlilly Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:55am
post #1 of 11

there was a topic on the site about someone who had all of their stuff organized and they used a tool box and they had other ideas does anybody know that link? Thanks

10 replies
steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 11

I missed that one, but here's a bump!!

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 11

I've seen a few of those, but I don't know how to reference them for you.

I use a couple of the Wilton tackle boxes and then about 6 cabinets - including some in the garage.

I saw a gal who bought a rolling tool cabinet, like the kind you would find in an auto shop garage. THAT looked amazing -- she showed how she'd neatly put everything into its own drawer and everything fit neatly. Her pans were elsewhere, obviously, but all the little stuff worked in there like a charm!

Sarah

tigerlilly Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 11

YES!!!!!!!!!!! that is the one I am looking for do you know where I can find a link? Thanks icon_lol.gif

aidee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aidee Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 11

BUMP!!!!

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 11

I just did a search the other day on organizing and if you do that you should be able to find it. It was like one of the very 1st couple of topics. Let me see if I can find it back and then get back to you.

Nikki

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 11

I bought a rolling cart for about $50 from Lakeside Collection and I love it!! Since I can't post the pic (it's not cake) here's the link to find it:

http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=SGY&N=36+461&Nao=31&R=9566

~Chelle

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 11

I did a search for "tools" under the cake decorating forum and found this:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-31070-tools.html

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 11

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49039-organizing.html

that is the link for it if it works, otherwise just go to forum search and put in organizing, it is about the 6th one down, and topic says something about organizing photo tutorial. alaskanmom is the author, I hope that helps.

tigerlilly Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #10 of 11

thumbs_up.gif thanks, that was it I did a search but could not find it I'm so glad you did icon_lol.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 11

check out your local hardware store or lowes or home depot. there are many options, and what works for someone else might not be good for you (but it might be just whatyou needed, of course). Meaning I love the idea of a rolling cart, but I don't like it being out when I'm not using it and since my kitchen and where I store items are on different floors, that would be a problem. But I do use storage bins designed to small nuts and bolts and such to stre gumpaste cutters/veiners. and my tips are in a plastic fishing tackle-type box.

My BEST org tool really is my label maker. All the individual drawers and such are labeled so I can exactly what I need in 1 second.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%