Goin On 35...gonna Have A Baby!!!!

Lounge By Michelle104 Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 8:58pm by LanaC

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:51am
post #1 of 66

We have 3 girls....10 1/2, 7, and almost 6. Sure that we were done and then the Lord decided to surprise us!!! I had my first DR's appt today and am 6 weeks pregnant! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif I've had a few days to digest this information so I am starting to get excited....what else to do right??? LOL! The girls are really excited as well as DH and the rest of the family. DH is a 3rd so if it's a boy he will be the 4th. Girl names???? Have no idea. My grandma passed away a year and a half ago and her name was May. We're thinking that maybe we'd like to use that in there somewhere. The girls also like Claire and DH like Kiera. Any suggestions? We have Sydney Ann, Isabelle Grace, and Anna Rae. Thanks for any suggestions!!! icon_lol.gif

65 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:54am
post #2 of 66

No suggestions but a big congrats! I bet everyone is excited.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #3 of 66

I have no suggestions either but congratulations! What a wonderful surprise icon_smile.gif

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:33am
post #4 of 66

Many congratulations icon_smile.gif What a wonderful surprise blessing!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 2:45am
post #5 of 66

Congratulations!!!!

We have 2 boys, and the 2nd one I just KNEW was gonna be a girl but *HE* surprised us. Anyway, his name was gonna be Brandy Lynn if he was a girl.

I've always liked that name, I dunno why.

I hope your pregnancy is healthy and happy!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:10am
post #6 of 66

Congratulations!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The only name suggestion I have is Julia. I desperately wanted to name my DD Julia Catherine, but DH objected, so we named her after my grandmothers. (Of course, I am happy with her name, it's a lovely old-fashioned one, Sophia Irene)
May Julia doesn't sound quite right, and as far as Julia May, there is a SciFi author named Julian May, so you may not want that association.
I'm sorry, I'm not helping, I'm just rambling. icon_rolleyes.gif

Big Congrats again!! thumbs_up.gif I know your daughters are thrilled!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:14am
post #7 of 66

Congrats!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:30am
post #8 of 66

Congratulations!!!!! I love the name Cynthia Rose (dunno why) and Kathryn Marie (Marie being my grandma's middle name) - but DH doesn't like either.....:| Ada? Maya?

Best of luck!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:32am
post #9 of 66

Thanks guys!! Keep em coming so I can share with DH when he gets home from work!!! icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 3:44am
post #10 of 66

Somewhere around here I still have a list of possible names when I was pg with my DD (8 years ago! I'm such a packrat...) Oh....DH just told me where it is...
Julia Catherine (as mentioned)
Jillian
Alexandra
Cassandra
Rachel
Nina
Mia
Janine
Emma

If our son had been a girl, his name would have been Madison Leigh

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:57am
post #11 of 66

I know some one that was going to name their DD one of the following

Emma Lee
Emma Leigh

She really liked the name Emily, but couldnt' think of a middle name to go with it.

The DH vetoed the idea and they ended up with Jada Marie

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:05am
post #12 of 66

My mother had me when she was 40, I was the last of 6. The bonus was I got to spend special time with her as the other kids grew up and left home, we were exteremly close. She has been gone for 33 years and I still miss her. The sad thing is she passed away when I was 35 and I wasn't ready for her to leave.

So this baby is going to be very special and congratulations. On names, could you use May as a middle name? Kiera May would be nice. And I love the name Claire.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:06am
post #13 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

I know some one that was going to name their DD one of the following

Emma Lee
Emma Leigh

She really liked the name Emily, but couldnt' think of a middle name to go with it.

The DH vetoed the idea and they ended up with Jada Marie

Lelly my great niece has a little daughter named Emma Lee and she pronouces it as one name, not Emily, but Emma Lee. Her grandmothers name is Emma.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:13am
post #14 of 66

Oh congradulations to you! What a blessing! I love old names, my first daughter will be Victoria Elizabeth no matter what my future DH thinks lol!

Congrats again!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:15am
post #15 of 66

Congrats. I like Claira May.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:18am
post #16 of 66

Congratulations!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I was 34 when my daughter was born and 36 when my son came along, so I know how you're feeling! But, what a blessing.

May is beautiful -- it sounds old-fashioned to me, so here are some suggestions I thought of:

Sophie May or Sophia May
Gracie May

Congrats again and happy name hunting -- such fun!

Sarah

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:18am
post #17 of 66

Congratualtions! When I was pregnant, I liked Isaebella and my daughter liked Rose. She would've been Isabella Rose. But, He wouldn't have liked that I'm sure! I also like Isabella May! Both of my kids have 2 middle names (really didn't plan it like that, it just happened). My daughter is named after my mom and my grandma (whom I was also named after) and my son had my mom's father's name (he died when she was young) and my step grandpa's name. They each have their own first name, Gabriella and Benjamin. It is long but I love the family link! His/her name will be perfect no matter what!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:21am
post #18 of 66

Clara May and Kiera May are both pretty.

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:25am
post #19 of 66

For a girl, what about Raven, Kennedy or Kendall (Kyndal). That's how a spelled my daughter's name. For a boy, I like, Jacob or Jacobi (Jacobe). Best wishes, too!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:28am
post #20 of 66

I like Sydney Mae or Shelby May. Which way are you spelling May/Mae?

I also like Emma and Emily but so many people are naming their gilrs that now.

Congrats! Let us know what you end up picking.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:28am
post #21 of 66

Congratulations!!! I have three girls then had my boy, I was so exited, I'm one of five girls no brothers and thought I was going to be the same as my mother and have all girls......

My all time favorite name for a girl is Alycia, I just love it, but then I am bias, it's the name of my beautiful grandaughter

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:29am
post #22 of 66

Congratulations !! After 4 boys I finally got my little girl icon_biggrin.gif
At first,I was thinking of the names : Poppy ; India Rose ( I love them but noone else did !! ) In the end, my daughters' name came to me in a dream - Mia Lily Grace.....

shelbur10 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:37am
post #23 of 66

Michelle104, I know you have lots of time to decide, but will you please let us know what you end up naming her? (if it's a girl?)

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:42am
post #24 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy177

Congratulations!!!!! I love the name Cynthia Rose (dunno why) and Kathryn Marie (Marie being my grandma's middle name) - but DH doesn't like either.....:| Ada? Maya?

Best of luck!

My sister's name is Katherine Marie! She goes by Kay =) Edited to say we actually have 3 Katherine's. My mom is Katherine Ann who goes by Kathy, then there is sis, and my daughter is Katherine Elizabeth who goes by Katie Beth.

Congratulations. We have 3 girls and 2 boys. (as noted in my sig) All K's so I like your hubbys suggestion. Karavelle or Karavella is a name no one but me likes, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. =0)

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:08am
post #25 of 66

Congrats! My favorite names for girls (what I will name my daughters, hopefully I will have at least 2)

Maria (my mother, great aunt is Mary and my middle name is Marie)
Claire (my great grandmothers name Claira)
Stella (my grandmothers middle, will be one of my daughters middle as my family doesn't like it)

Family names are very important in my family. I like Maria because Mary and versions of Mary are very popular in my family and I added our Mexican culture and made it Maria.

Claira is my great grandmothers name. But I think Claire is just SO BEAUTIFUL!

I know what I'm naming my daughters has nothing to do with yours but I just thought that the process in which I picked them might help you in deciding yours.

howie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howie Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:18am
post #26 of 66

My goddaughter--who was just born--is Isabella Rose. Love the name. I also think Kiera May would be a PERFECT combination. I too have some names for my future kids--i just hope my wife will like them!!MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!!

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 6:24am
post #27 of 66

Congratulations!!!! I love the name Olivia that is why I named my daughter that. Her name is Olivia Anne. I think Olivia May or Olivia Rose are nice as well. So far I think you have got a lot of great suggestions. Let us know what you decide.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:26am
post #28 of 66

CONGRATS!! What about the spelling of May as Mae? I like to have differnet spelling of names if it is a common name!

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:39am
post #29 of 66

Congratulations!!!!! I love these name suggestions. My daughter is Autumn Lilly. My cousin named his daughter Emily Elizabeth. I really like their names. I really like the name May. It's old and you never hear it anymore. All names come back around and maybe you can bring this one back. It is such a pretty name.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:49am
post #30 of 66

Congratulations on your new baby!

i have 2 girls and 2 boys and its very busy at my house.....lol. (and noisy)

my girls are Peyton Adrienne and Matisse Shayla, my boys are Brock Thomas and Luca Sebastian.

kylie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%