How To Ship Cake Samples/icing?

Business By arosstx Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 1:51am by indydebi

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 4

I know a bride that is planning a wedding in Dallas. She is in Chicago and is trying to send her future in-laws (that live in Dallas) to a tasting for her cake. Trouble is, the mom-in-law can't eat cake due to health reasons, so that leaves the dad-in-law making the final decision. She is not too happy about it, but knows of no other way to do it.

I am thinking about offering to overnight her samples. I thought if I packed them frozen, they would probably be fine when she got them the next day.

Any suggestions or tips on how to package or what I should do (or IF I should even do this) would really be appreciated.

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

I think sending plain cake, well wrapped in a tin with separate icing in tight containers would be a great way to get her samples. Providing she is seriously considering you as her baker.

If it was frozen and sent overnight, it should be still in great shape. Make sure the whole deal is worth the extra expense.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 12:40am
post #3 of 4

I'd tell her I would do the shipped samples for $x, but if she orders from you that you will deduct it from the total owed.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:51am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnB

I think sending plain cake, well wrapped in a tin with separate icing in tight containers would be a great way to get her samples.....

I never would have thought of separate containers for the icing. what a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%