I'm Doing My First Wedding Cake Today!

Decorating By llj68 Updated 10 Apr 2005 , 5:44pm by jscakes

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 10

And I was not at all nervous until about 1 hours ago! Now--I'm freaking out! I think it's cause I have all this down time waiting for the layers to bake.

I'm invisioning everything that can go wrong and my blood pressure is rising with every thought.

Any "good cake" and "calm down" vibes you've got are appreciated.

It's only for 60 people and is a 2 tier, stacked construction. I should have drawn up a plan or something but it's all "in my head".

I'll post a pic when I finish it. It's for a pick up tomorrow - Sunday (they didn't want me to deliver it).

Thanks!

Lisa

9 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 10

Lisa, you will do fine! Instead, think of everything "right" about the cake. I never draw up a plan first. I, like you, keep it all in my head! I'm sure it will be beautiful. Please do post pictures when you finish it. I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 10

Things will be just right! One step at a time, and don't get too far ahead of yourself. Looking forward to seeing a picture when you are finished! You'll do fine icon_smile.gif

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 10

I belive it will be so good. You must only have in your mind that this is what you are good at.
Everything will be fine, and you will get a lot of credit.
Like you I also never make a plan or draw the cake first. Just relax.
You only seems to need a hug...

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 10

I am sure it will turn out great. Just relax and be calm. Like Elin said just remember that this is what you are good at. I can't wait to see the picture!

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 10

It is so exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time whenever you make your first decorated wedding cake! Just keep envisioning the finished product and what steps you have to do to get there. Remember, have fun and enjoy the decorating! Best of Luck to you!!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 3:46am
post #7 of 10

Blessings, blessings to you!!! You'll do just fine!!! Hang in there & just sit back & watch those cakes rise!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 11:41am
post #8 of 10

I do make plans on paper before I do the cake, but its getting to what I want to do before I start! Right now I am planning a disney princess cake...have yet to see any picture of all of them together, let alone ones I like!!!! thats ok, I will do it and I am sure it will work fine~!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks you guys! I learned a lot this first time out and I'll post a pic in a second.

Lisa

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 10 Apr 2005 , 5:44pm
post #10 of 10

just looked at your cake, very pretty. I love the fleur d'lis pattern, but I just can't do a steady enough job of them. Your cake looks very pretty, you've done a great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%