Contract For Wedding Cake

Business By KittisKakes Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 10:42am by cake77

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 7

Hi to all,

I am doing a wedding cake for late April and we will be finalizing the small details this week. I haven't used a contract in the past for wedding cakes (this is my fourth one), but I figure I better start now. I am looking for suggestions on how to write this up. I will probably ask for 1/3 now plus a refundable deposit on equipment (once it is returned). I will expect the payment in full at least one week prior to the wedding date. Are there any sample contracts out there? I've looked at Earlene's site, I may go with something similar, but was hoping for a few more ideas. What do you do for cancellations? It will be a 3 tiered castle cake, so there is some early preparation required. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kitti

6 replies
cake4you Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake4you Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 7
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 7

hiya kittis,
May I email you with the one I got from www.earlenescakes.com ?

KittisKakes Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaptlps

hiya kittis,
May I email you with the one I got from www.earlenescakes.com ?

I saved a copy of Earlene's, but it is a bit more detailed than what I need. I may just modify it a bit. Thanks though!

KittisKakes Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake4you

Here is a link to one.....

http://www.cakescanada.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92

Thanks!! This is what I was looking for. What do you do if there is a cancellation? Full refund? Partial refund?

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 5:49am
post #6 of 7

As for refunds, I offer a full refund if cancelled 30 days or more before the wedding, a partial refund if less than 30 days, and no refund if cancelled within 7 days of the wedding. I did have one cake cancelled the day before the wedding before I had all of my refund information in place. I learned from that mistake.

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 10:42am
post #7 of 7

I was just looking at the Cakes Canada contract, and it looks to be a very good one for most home decorators. Simple to the point and seems to cover most everthing. I may start using this one, with minimal alterations.

Wilma

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%