When Did You Discover...

Lounge By Sugarbunz Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 4:08pm by heychele

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 23

Your first grey hair? I ask because I found mine today. I've been waiting...oh I've been waiting. I've been under an incredible amount of stress and I KNEW it was bound to bite me in the rear soon, that and I'm at "that age" where they tend to start coming around. I am almost 32, but was sooo not prepared to see that this morning. I even took a picture of it. It's sitting next to me as I type. Somehow I think if I analyze it deeply enough it will turn blonde. It's not working icon_cry.gif Tell me this isn't the beginning of the end and that I'm still young and vivacious, and it doesn't mean that my body will do nothing but deteriorate from now on. icon_surprised.gif It's funny, I have only started to think about "aging" in the last year. I know I am still relatively young, but finding your first grey hair is shocking nonetheless. I could handle the little whisker that started presenting itself after my son was born, hormonal changes are ok. I pluck the little sucker out about once a month (it's really inconspicuous and grows slowly) and go about my business. But this is really bugging me!

22 replies
Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 23

Sugarbunz, don't feel bad I found my first one about 2 years ago and I won't be 33 until this July icon_surprised.gif I've always had blonde highlights but now I get them religiously every 6 weeks.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 23

I've always colored my hair, but my hairdresser, who is a dear friend, always notifies me when she finds one, then yanks it out! I think she found my first in my late 20s.
I have a dear (male) friend who is 33 and is now gray enough that you could actually call it salt and pepper. I just tell him it's better to be gray than bald!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 23

Well, I found my first gray hair the day i found out that i was pregnant with my first child that would be at age 26. Still better then my step sister who was white by age 18.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 23

I am only 21, will be 22 in April, and my mother has found three or four on me. The first one was three or four years ago. She is a beautican and says that it's not uncommon to find one or two a year on someone young. Don't panic, I'm sure he was all alone.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:02am
post #6 of 23

1 month before my 30th b-day i found not only 1 but a whole patch of gray hair. LOL

finnox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnox Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 2:32am
post #7 of 23

I was 19 when I found my first grey hair. I have seen 3 since then.

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 2:57am
post #8 of 23

My husband has had a few for a while he tells me that they are not grey just "extra blonde" and I found the first one on me just recently and have found about 5 more since icon_cry.gif I have never coloured my hair but am seriously considering it if it gets worse. I am 32 (33 next month) and my DH is 32 as well, I used to think you have to be at least in your 40's before you started to get grey hairs but apparently not...

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:11am
post #9 of 23

Gray hair icon_cry.gif I found my first when I was 25 icon_cry.gif

I have been dying my hair since. I am only 36.

Oh well icon_rolleyes.gif

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 4:38pm
post #10 of 23

I got mine around the age of 12 and so did my mom. I just figured here lately around 34 there is dye for this kinda thing. thumbs_up.gif

Patricia

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 23

I got my first few when I was about 18. Since then, I color it. My dad was completely grey by the time he was 40, I"m 42 now so I'd hate to see what my "real" hair color is.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 23

Thanks to modern technology aka the box of color I have no idea what my hair color is. However, I have found a few and I am 28. You are still young and wonderful. There is no need to dwell. I say if you want to dye your hair, throw away that hair and get your purse and go buy the wonderful box and never see gray again! icon_razz.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 11:55pm
post #13 of 23

icon_eek.gif You guys are all BABIES! Grey hair doesn't make you old, ya sillies! Look at how young some of you are when you got it!
I'm going to be 47 and I haven't had a grey hair yet. My mom is 71 and is just starting to look grey. So, it doesn't really mean a thing, does it?
icon_rolleyes.gif

desireed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desireed Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:36am
post #14 of 23

hhmm....I think I found my first one when I was 27 and I am about to turn 29 in April. I might sound weird but I was/am proud of mine. In fact I would not pluck it out! Since then I have found one more so I have two total but I have not checked for them so I might have more. For some reason it just isn't that big of a deal to me.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 1:20pm
post #15 of 23

I'm waiting for my first to show up but I'm hoping that I take after my mother and they don't show until late 30s or early 40s. She dyes her hair just like her mother and I plan on being just like my mommy. icon_lol.gif
My brother is 33 and has had gray hairs for at least 3 years, my dad started graying early too.
I'm almost 28 and if I get any before my husband I'll never hear the end of it.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:20pm
post #16 of 23

I found my first gray a year ago, when I was 31. My hsuband was going over our financial investments with our insurance guy in the other room. I didn't know if I should rush into the room and announce my find, but thought he doesn't seem like a funny guy. So, for the next 45 minutes I held my gray hair in my fingers and waited to share my excitement with my hubby until the door was closed and they pulled out of the driveway. I can't say I have seen any more, but it was right in the front.

My hubby laughed, but he got his first gray at 29 and he refers to it as going blond again. It's funny, he had a harder time losing his blond hair than going gray. He should be completely grey around 40 like his dad.

I have gone back to my original color the past 3 years to appreciate it before it is gone. I had colored my hair blond for 8 years and surprisingly liked the brown color it is now. Lifes funny!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:56pm
post #17 of 23

I was 26. I discovered it while I was going through my divorce. I am 33 years old now, and they are all over the place. icon_lol.gif

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 6:48pm
post #18 of 23

First grey hair never worried me - used to pay nephews to search and pull them out. Now my first line (a small vertical one between my eyebrows... that was a different matter.

munkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
munkey Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:59am
post #19 of 23

I found my first gray hair 6 months ago, and I am only 20. Ahhhhhhh. Since then I've seen 2 others, which are gone now. I have alot of stress so I KNEW it would happen. That and maybe some genetics.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:49am
post #20 of 23

about a year ago.... but they dont worry me, it's the red top layer I hate..... it looks like I dyed my hair red once and you can see my brown roots.... it's that red that make me want to color my hair and I do often....except for now I went and got it cut and highlighted this past weekend.... it's not as noticeable now..

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 11:28am
post #21 of 23

Same as ThumperBunny~ I was twelve. My best friend (she's 16) dyes her hair regularly to cover up all her grays. They were really noticable against her dark hair.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 1:11pm
post #22 of 23

I just turned 30 in February, and they just started to show up everywhere right after my birthday. I dh highlight it for me last night to cover them all up. I've never totally colored my hair, but if these are still visible with the highlights, I'll be searching for the perfect color from a box soon! I always said I wouldn't dye my hair until I started to go gray, but I didn't think I would be 30 either icon_cry.gif

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:08pm
post #23 of 23

I had my first ones at 22 almost all gray by 28.Thank God for bleach! My Mom's 72 and has just a few................ is life fair?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%