Did Anyone Else Go To The Super Bowl?

Lounge By KayDay Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 11:55am by cande

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:57am
post #1 of 9

I have been out of commission for a few days, DH'S company chartered a plane and flew us all to Detroit for the super bowl. I must say it was a new experience. LOL...and I am not even a football fan!

8 replies
KayDay Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:59am
post #2 of 9

If anyone else went what did they think of it?

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:33am
post #3 of 9

I WISH I could have gone. I live just south of Detroit and had been following all the hoopla surrounding this event. I bet it was a blast! What did you think of the city? How were the Rolling Stones live? I personally don't care much about football either, as you can tell by my questions. LOL I hope you had a good experience and a great time. icon_smile.gif

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:12am
post #4 of 9

I must say that was super nice of your DH company to do such a thing. Must have been some experience.

KayDay Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 5:01am
post #5 of 9

Well, I must admit I was pretty impressed by all the wild activities and the lengths people go to at and for these games! I cannot say that I saw too much of it as I had some bad lobster the night before and spent much of the time in the restroom throwing up...(ick) As far as the city.. I was raised in Detroit ...but things have changed sooo much since we left there when I was a 13 yr old. It wound up snowing and soooo cold I think I had forgotten what the winters there can be like!

Yes, it was nice of the company prez. to do that for all his execs. He can well afford it...especially since pepsi or one of the big affiliates GAVE him the tickets! lol..either way it was a 600.00 ticket I wouldnt have otherwise bought. It was quite something to see but if given the choice..I would have rather had the cost of ticket and a cut of what he spent flying us all out on a private plane and hotel rooms etc. instead! But for DH it was a dream come true. And I really enjoyed seeing it all..even tho I don't know a thing about football. I did like the music.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 10:31am
post #6 of 9

We're from MI and a girl that works with my husband won a contest, I think from a radio show, to be one of the people on the field at half time. She said she couldn't believe how much prep time was involved for the 15 mins she spent on the field, but said the atmosphere was a tremendious(?) experience. Just the energy from everyone was amazing. A few of his friends, in their business dealing, received free tickets to parties and the game and just said it was unbelieveable. The parties were just over the top, they say. With celebraties just walking around and top dollar EVERYTHING!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

I didn't go but I went to a friend's party where they had a grid pool. The prizes were:

$100 - 1st quarter
$150 - 2nd quarter
$100 - 3rd quarter
$150 - final score

I won BOTH $150 prizes......woo hoo! More cake supplies!
And the funny thing is....I was the only one in the room who didn't know which teams were playing.....I am so NOT into sports......except the Olympics!

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 9

I live about 30 minutes outside of Detroit and I completely forgot about the whole thing. Didn't even watch it on tv. Not a football fan--I'm a Redwing girl. My husband doesn't care for football either. My brother was into all that--he was even on the local news attending a black tie event for the Superbowl last Friday night. Football-- a bunch of grown men chasing after a ball that isn't even round. Silly!

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 11:55am
post #9 of 9

KayDay--
I know how you feel. DH's company flew us to an event here in Europe and I was the one sick in the bathroom the whole time from bad scallops. (Even worse, the place I ate the scallops is the only 5 star restaurant 'known' for its scallops!!! That's why I ordered them icon_sad.gif WTH?!!) But, at least you got to enjoy the music icon_biggrin.gif

What line of business is your DH in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%