Cover A Cake And Board Tutorial!!

Decorating By aine2 Updated 11 Mar 2007 , 7:23am by imartsy

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 27

I did this to help out Katharry and as she has so kindly thanked me upside down for it, I have fixed it so that you can all see it! I'm no professional photographer so be kind! Hope you find it as useful as Katharry did. icon_lol.gif

*Access wasn't allowed on the original link I posted so try this

www.extra-icing.blogspot.com and look under Free Tutorials. thumbs_up.gif
Hope it works!

26 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 27

It is telling me I don't have access to view it icon_sad.gif Would you mind submitting this to Jackie and Heath so they can add it to the articles section? Sounds like a great tutorial

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 27

I got the same message that I don't have permission to view it.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 27

I just tried and it said Private Account. I can't view it either.

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 27

Oops!! I'll try something else!! icon_redface.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 27

got to it by clicking on her blog link (in signature)

then once there, scroll down to where link is on right side of page.

click and it should come up.

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 27

Try clicking it again from here and tell me what happens? icon_confused.gif I may have missed a bit of the link originally!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 27

I can't see it either=( Says I don't have access=(

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 27

It SHOULD say you are surfing around on a guest pass! Wonder why it doesn't work? Can you get it from here. www.extra-icing.blogspot.com under Free tutorials?? icon_confused.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #10 of 27

I can get it when I go to your website (the one in your sig) then click on it under tutorials, but still can't get to it with the link in your original post. Very nice tutorial though! Covers a lot of things

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:30pm
post #11 of 27

Nice. So detailed! Thanks aine2.

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:31pm
post #12 of 27

That is fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing with us... you're the best!!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:31pm
post #13 of 27

Thank you so much for sharing! The step by step instructions are just what I needed.

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:32pm
post #14 of 27

thanks so much! I just saw the tutorial and I must say that it looks easier to cover the cake board your way, than the way they teach in the wilton fondant and gumpaste class. they teach you to cover the entire board!

thanks so much! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:35pm
post #15 of 27

I cover the entire board on some cakes, usually novelty childrens cakes but for everyday rounds and squares, this is how I do it! thumbs_up.gif Easy peasy...and doesn't use up all your paste! icon_wink.gif

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:46pm
post #16 of 27

thank you sooo much for sharing..I always thought the whole board was covered & thought wat a waste of fondant...well, thx for teaching me something new...although you make covering a cake & getting it smooth look so easy, I know otherwise.. =P

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:51pm
post #17 of 27

I am soooooooo excited about learning this, I have the same instructions in some books I have but Lorraine you just have a way that makes it all click for people. I think the cakes looks so finished this way. I did this cake yesterday your way of not having fondant under the cake will stop it going all soggy too!

Aine2 you are truly the best! Thank you sooo much for sharing your talent with us all. I am now off to buy heaps of ribbons. Never a bare board for me anymore!!!! thumbs_up.gif
LL

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:56pm
post #18 of 27

Oh it's ewe again!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thank YOU Kathryn. I didn't think these photos would turn into a tutorial!! So glad I listened to you. Cheers! thumbs_up.gif

Your cake is FABULOUS!! Happy ribbon buying!! icon_wink.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 10:16pm
post #19 of 27

Lorraine, I just finished watching your tutorial for covering the cake and board. Great job! Easy to follow. Doing it as a slide show made it easy.

Katharry - Love Ewe'r cake!

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #20 of 27

Aine2 ~ Wow! Thanks for the tutorial. You sure put a lot of work into it. The step-by-step details are great!

katharry ~ Ewe did a faaaaaaaaabulous job!

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:01pm
post #21 of 27

Thank you so very much for all your hard work putting this together. Love the way you cover your board - just the edge. I absolutely love all your work, especially the figures you make. Wish I was 1/4 a talented!

deb

aine2 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:07pm
post #22 of 27

I think you are hugely talented Deb, you have a beautiful gallery of photos to prove it! thumbs_up.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:22pm
post #23 of 27

Oh gosh Anie2 icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif thanks!

deb

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:54pm
post #24 of 27

Thank you Lorraine, once again you have shown us all how thoughtful, helpful & wonderful you are. I have learned so much from you.

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:58pm
post #25 of 27

Brilliant tutorial! Your extensive use of photos is great! Thankyou very much for sharing.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:39am
post #26 of 27

Cool Thanks..I loved all the details you showed us...you are one fantastic cake decorator girl!!!..If you ever start touring and doing classes sign me up!!!

Sure would love to see you put a book out!!!!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 7:23am
post #27 of 27

You are the most amazing woman! Thank you so much for showing us this way - it DOES save on the fondant - I always hated when I saw fondant covered boards in books b/c I thought "what a waste of fondant......" (although if it was my own cake I ate it anyway even if it was on the board.....LOL) but now this looks so cool! I can't wait to have an occasion to try it! Thank you so much!!

Btw - the baby tutorial looks cool! I'm hoping to buy it soon (right after I get a little more money - just had a mini cake stuff shopping spree) - but it looks so cute! icon_smile.gif Congrats! I hope you make $$$ from it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%