I Quit!

Lounge By kayscake Updated 4 Apr 2007 , 10:32pm by cakesbyjess

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 64

Even thou everyone at home and at work has hounded me to quit smoking, very few have noticed I have gone 5 days now smoke free, I havent tried to quit very often, and I know this is bad but I have never ( in 30 yrs smoking) gone more than 2 days without a cig. with each day I am more convinced that my goal to become a non-smoker is so do-able!!! And I am very proud of my 3 boys they have been very supportive and understanding, the running joke was let's see how long it takes DH to realize DW quit, he's a non smoker,
the answer, 5 days we told him this morning and he was more than a little surprised and a little embarassed that he hadnt noticed. Boy I'll be able to milk that for a while: classic example of husband not paying attention to the wife, anyway I look forward to coming back tomorrow and say its # 6

Take care of yourselves (self)
and the rest get's easier

63 replies
Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayscake

the running joke was let's see how long it takes DH to realize DW quit, he's a non smoker,
the answer, 5 days we told him this morning and he was more than a little surprised and a little embarassed that he hadnt noticed. Boy I'll be able to milk that for a while: classic example of husband not paying attention to the wife

How big is your doghouse???? icon_biggrin.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I look forward to day #6 thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 64

How big is your doghouse???? icon_lol.gif HA! Funny!

Congrats!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif I wish my brothers would try to quit smoking! That is something to be proud of, can't wait to hear about day 6 and then 7 and then...... thumbs_up.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 64

That's wonderful! Go you!
Now, if only I could do that with junkfood... icon_rolleyes.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 64

Congratulations!!! thumbs_up.gif That and losing weight is the hardest things ever!!!!!!!!!!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 64

Good job!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 64

Yay Yay Yay for you! Unless you are a smoker or have been a smoker you will never understand the addiction and the withdrawal agony of cigarettes. I am so happy to hear you have been able to accomplish this. Now, you need to treat yourself to something you have wanted for a long time and never felt you should spend the money on for you! Something wild and extravagant too, not just a new hairdo or having your nails done.
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 64

aw.... I am so happy for you..... I know how hard it is....well to a point....my husband smoked tons for the last 30 years.... and quit finally just about 10 years ago.....when we got married....... he had a heck of a time.... and you go girl you deserve to treat yourself....go have some chocolate!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 64

thumbs_up.gifparty.gifCONGRATULATIONS!!!! party.gifthumbs_up.gif

I have not smoked but I have many family members that have tried many times to stop smoking and I know how difficult it can be.

It is funny your husband didn't notice though! Yesterday at work an older gentlemen who has been smoking for over 40 years finally stopped end of last year and was saying his wife didn't even notice. His son finally told his wife after 3 weeks that he had stopped smoking and she didn't believe him!! LOL so i guess it isn't just men icon_sad.gif (too bad huh?)

mewie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mewie Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 64

CONGRATS icon_razz.gif

Keep it up. My husband decided one day 18 years ago to stop, and has not ever looked back. Its hard but so worth it.

Good Luck to you and we're all behind you when you need support.

Michele thumbs_up.gif

kayscake Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 64

Thank you everyone, all of your post made me smile and laugh today, just what I needed, I look forward to having something good to post tomorrow! icon_lol.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #12 of 64

Congratulations thumbs_up.gif You will notice just how much easier it is to breathe soon. I smoked for around 10 years and quit when I found out I was pregnant and I could breathe 10x's better after the first week. Now I hate being around anyone smoking. Literally makes me sick.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 2:41am
post #13 of 64

icon_surprised.gif Congrats.

I know how hard it is to quit. I was a smoker myself & I quit, cold turkey, about 2 1/2 years ago. It was soooo hard because Mom smoked around me, same room & even blew it in my face icon_mad.gif . Dang it it was soooo hard. I would get so mad. So I have not picked one up since. Mom had smoked for 36+ years. She qit in Sept of 2006 because she was loosing her voice. She quit cold turkey too. She said she layed them down because she said she wanted to talk to her grandkids (how sweet). She has not picked one up since.

She asked me all the time when she first quit how I did it under those conditions icon_rolleyes.gif Well I told her it was not easy.

Good luck to you thumbs_up.gif

If you ever need to chat you can PM me icon_wink.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 3:12am
post #14 of 64

Congrats! thumbs_up.gif I quit smoking about 3 1/2 years ago. It was the hardest thing ever!! I had tried quitting couple of times, but failed miserably. I think that hardest thing for me was not to smoke in the car. That and having a cigarette after a meal. Unfortunately to this day I still would love to have one but I won't. I'm not going to blow all of my hard work for a moment of weakness. I quit and I know you will kick that habit too. Keep up the good work!

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:02am
post #15 of 64

Great job!! Keep it up!!

Monica0271 Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:02am
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness_221

I think that hardest thing for me was not to smoke in the car. !

icon_surprised.gif Me too!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 9:29pm
post #17 of 64

Good luck to you! My brother has been smoke free for 6 months and everyone is just so thrilled for him!!

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:26am
post #18 of 64

How great!! That is so fantastic! icon_biggrin.gif Go you! thumbs_up.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 4:19am
post #19 of 64

Congratulations!!! That is so wonderful! My sister quit in November and talks all the time about how much healthier she feels. I've never smoked, but I can only imagine how difficult it must be to quit!! Keep up the great work ... one day at a time!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kayscake Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 2:59pm
post #20 of 64

Sooo sorry I didnt check in yesterday, we had beautiful weather (50's & sunny) , so i kept myself busy outside. Today is day 7 it seems to be getting a little harder, instead of easier but hopefully that will pass soon.

Monica0271 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:50pm
post #21 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayscake

Sooo sorry I didnt check in yesterday, we had beautiful weather (50's & sunny) , so i kept myself busy outside. Today is day 7 it seems to be getting a little harder, instead of easier but hopefully that will pass soon.

Kay it WILL get easier thumbs_up.gif I promise.

Just stay busy!!

Tweetycup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweetycup Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 7:27pm
post #22 of 64

Kayscakes! Congratulations, be proud of what you are doing. As hard as it may seem, everyone is right it will get easier with time.

It took me almost two weeks to realize that my mom had quit smoking, and I see her everyday! I just figured, she was trying to be more considerate and not smoke around me. icon_biggrin.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 9:56pm
post #23 of 64

OMIGOSH THAT'S GREAT! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

It's been over 2 years since I quit and I have to tell you it was one of the hardest things to do! But I too just took it a day at a time and kept telling myself that I've come this far don't look back! I was so growly I could bearly stand myself but it all passed. I stayed off of the phone for awhile because I always smoked when I was on the phone. I just tried to stop doing some of the things I did when I smoked. Some things you can't avoid like driving. Just keep in mind it gets easier as more time passes and I also kept thinking my lungs were already starting to recover so no point in ruining that!
Good luck and keep going it DOES get easier and you'll never regret it!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:04am
post #24 of 64

I wanted to say congratulations to you! I quit just over 3 months ago after smoking for 20 years so I know the agony. Just keep going, one day, one minute at a time.

My motto is, "Never another puff, not even one." That's my reminder when my nicotine addicted brain starts trying to trick me into believing that I can have "just one." Keep up the great work!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 4:15am
post #25 of 64

Keep going! You are doing great!

Steady2Hands Posted 13 Mar 2007 , 2:37pm
post #26 of 64

Kay ~ we are so proud of you thumbs_up.gif

I know you can... I know you can... I know you can! You'll be over that mountain soon!

kayscake Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:48am
post #27 of 64

Well, today had it's moments, even after working 15 hours I made it, I'm going to bed so I'm counting this day as done! It's official 1 week !!!!!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:22am
post #28 of 64

YAY for 1 week!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the great work!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 11:41am
post #29 of 64

I am so happy for you. I never smoked, but my husband did and he quit when I got pregnant with our dd. I am so proud of him. It's been over two years, but he still wants to when he goes out with the boys.
My mom has tried to quit so many times. She gets mad because no one really wants to support her anymore. It does get hard to keep supporting someone when it's the twelfth time they quit. I know that it isn't easy, but everytime she "quits" she starts again behind our backs. You don't want to support someone who lies to you about it. Just always be honest and people will keep wanting to help.
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Steady2Hands Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 12:58am
post #30 of 64

Yeah Kay party.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%