Creme Bouquet....oh My!!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 8 May 2007 , 8:20pm by tyty

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 63

Oh my goodness it smells so good, I just got my order yesterday and I used some in my fondant today, it smells like heaven, hope it tastes as good. Any suggestions regarding its use?

62 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 63

I really don't know because I've never tried it but here is a bump for you icon_smile.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 63

Ok two questions...what is the Creme Bouquet and what does "Bumping someone" mean?

Thanks guys!!! icon_smile.gif

MissRobin Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 63

Creme Bouquet is a flavor just like vanilla, almond etc. It's a combination of several different flavors, it kind of has a citrus flavor, tastes fresh. As far as bumping, I am not sure!

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 63

Creme Bouquet is wonderful! It is concentrated so I seem to use less of it than I do vanilla. I put this in all my cakes and icings along with some vanilla. I even add a drop to cake mix. The No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe from here is delicious also when adding a drop of Creme Bouquet. I gave away cookies to friends for Valentine's Day and they all wanted to know what made them taste so good. I told them it was my loving friendship LOL but it is really creme bouquet.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 63

Where did you order it from? do local cake shops have it?

rsaun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsaun Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 63

Bumping is when you don't have an answer, but you "bump" someone so the topic will show up on the home page as if someone's responded...I think.

As for creme bouquet...I've never used it but want to try it. Do you put it in buttercream instead of vanilla and almond, etc.?

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen13

Ok two questions...what is the Creme Bouquet and what does "Bumping someone" mean?

Thanks guys!!! icon_smile.gif

Bumping someone is like bringing the post back up to the top of the forum so it can be seen. That's my definition. icon_biggrin.gif

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:16am
post #9 of 63

rsaun - I put vanilla and creme bouquet in my buttercream.

mareg - I think there are several places to order it online but I buy mine from a local cake store.

One place that I know that has it is www.countrykitchensa.com

I love the smell of it. It smells just like a bakery.

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:26am
post #10 of 63

Creme Bouget can be used in place of vanilla or almond, or added to them. My boss said that it is a combination of several different flavors and can be pretty strong. We sell it at the shop, but I've never used it.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:32am
post #11 of 63

Creme bouquet rocks! I just love it..... they sell it at the local cake decorating supply store. That, butter emulsion and powdered vanilla are my favorites.

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:49am
post #12 of 63

i use it along with butter vanilla and vanilla in all of my cakes and icings. gives them a great flavor!

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:51am
post #13 of 63

i use it along with butter vanilla and vanilla in all of my cakes and icings. gives them a great flavor!

SugarAches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarAches Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 5:54am
post #14 of 63

I use it in my buttercream along with vanilla. The right amount of creme bouqet with the right amount of salt seems to COMPLETELY cancel out any extra sweetness, and it takes away the excessive richness. I love the stuff, couldn't make a great buttercream without it. icon_lol.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:17am
post #15 of 63

What actually is it? Is it an artificial flavouring with E numbers? Or is it a natural extract?

Richard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richard Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 3:49pm
post #16 of 63

Carries cakes uses it as well and she describes it as orange, lemon, almond and vanilla. Check her videos out on her site just type in Carries Cakes and it will come up. She tells what creme bouquet is. I just ordered some and if it goes well it may be that I will use it all of the time.

Kathy

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:01pm
post #17 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmascakes

What actually is it? Is it an artificial flavouring with E numbers? Or is it a natural extract?

Creme Bouquet is a professional strength artificial flavor. Ingredients are: oil of lemon and or other essential oil, other natural extractives, esters, kentones and aldehyde, such as AMYL acetate and methyl vanillin, propylene glycol, polysorbate, gum tragacanth, water, preserved with benzoate of soda.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 4:03pm
post #18 of 63

Hey, I just realized icon_surprised.gif I'm now officially an addict icon_lol.gif Cool beans.....

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:19pm
post #19 of 63

regarding creme bouquet.. I purchased some once and it was horrible.. I believe it was bake mark brand (my supply store repackaged it). then i tried magic line (parrish) brand and it taste great. i would be interested to try the other brand

Richard Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:47pm
post #20 of 63

The ones that I ordered are LoriAnn oils so I hope that will taste good. Haven't gotten them yet though.

Kathy

MissRobin Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 1:21pm
post #21 of 63

I ordered mine from country kitchens and it does taste great. I used it this last weekend in all 3 of my cakes I made and it really makes a difference. What I mean is I used it in my buttercream and my fondant, really gives a nice fresh flavor. I got alot of really good comments regarding flavor. However, I did not put vanilla in with it but I will try that next time and see what the difference is. Thanks everyone for your comments.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #22 of 63

I just tried Creme Boquet for the first time and I love it too! I used that alone to flavor my buttercream (and a pinch of salt still) and people that usually pick around the frosting because of the sweetness were eating it up. I bought mine at Do It With Icing in San Diego thanks to the suggestion of the wonderful store owner Linda.

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 10:40pm
post #23 of 63

I also am a Creme Bouquet addict !! I just ordered some from National Flavors. I was tired of paying such a high price at my supply store. The price from National Flavors is $ 6.65 quart and $ 19.95 gallon. They have many other flavors and stuff. The best part is you only have to spend $ 45.00 to get free shipping. I had no problem doing that !!!!! icon_smile.gif

Richard Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 11:57pm
post #24 of 63

I ordered mine from Golda's Kitchen and she sent what she had left in stock with a note that the manufacturer was discontinuing Creme Bouquet. I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only to try it and so many people swear by it so I hope it isn't a totally discontinued product. They said that the manufacturer was discontinuing it not Golda's Kitchen. I am already panicking.

Kathy

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 12:04am
post #25 of 63

I too add it to my BC... actually sometimes it is the only flavor I use... in wedding cakes, I add it to the batter, just a tad.. gives it a different flavor! My CB is made by CK products and I purchase it locally here at a place called Southern Homes and Gardens. It is very citrus-ee smelling....

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:26pm
post #26 of 63

Okay, I just got mine (from Sweet Celebrations), and every time I go into the kitchen I grab the bottle just to smell it. Oh, my gosh! It smells so awesome! It's the Magic Line brand.

I have a question, though - do you use less of it than pure vanilla, if you are using it instead, or do you use the same amount, or would you recommend using half creme bouquet and half vanilla? I can't wait to try this stuff out! I have a fantastic cream cheese sugar cookie recipe that I think would taste out of this world with the creme bouquet!

Mmmmm - gotta go get another whiff...
icon_biggrin.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:18pm
post #27 of 63

Wow, I'm glad I found this topic! I tried a sample cake at the Austin Cake Show that had Creme Bouquet flavored icing and fell in love! I just purchased mine over the weekend.

But I did have a few questions...

Since it is Professional strength, do you find yourself using less than you would vanilla in your buttercream recipes?

Do you use Creme Bouquet in all of your icings, or do you have that as a seperate flavor to offer?

Do you have any favorite flavor combinations with the Creme Bouquet? (I'm thinking it would taste incredible with a French Vanilla or White Chocolate Cake with maybe a Raspberry Filling?)

TIA...sorry so many questions!

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:26pm
post #28 of 63

Before I started using creme bouquet in my icing, people really liked my cakes. Since I started using it, people love my cakes. I use 1 tsp vanilla and 1 teaspoon creme bouquet in my b/c recipe. It i9s awesome. I order it gallon size form www.sugarcraft.com.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 4:15pm
post #29 of 63

I can't find the Magic Line Creme Bouquet. Where do you get it?

Suzie757, I looked on National Flavors and couldn't find Creme Bouquet. That sounds like a really good price.

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:02pm
post #30 of 63

FLAVACAKES,
When you go to there website hit the Baked Goods sign on the right and then you will see the title Gourmet Sweet Bread and Cake flavors , this will take you to the list of all the cake flavorings and Creme' Bouquet should be on that list. Let me know if you have any more problems finding it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%