Adopted Baby Quotes

Decorating By mikaza Updated 27 Feb 2006 , 4:49pm by KarenOR

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 30 Jan 2006 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 24

Hey there

I'm doing a baby shower cake for a mother who just adopted a gorgeous newborn girl.

I think I'm going to do a whimsical cake...and try to make it have something to do with flowers and/or dreams...

I'd like to add some quotes around the layers...any ideas for quotes that talk about babies as dreams come true, or babies as flowers in a garden?

I've done some google searches and found a few...but I thought I might get some great ideas here!

23 replies
BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 12:04am
post #2 of 24

When my parents adopted me, my Mom made a cross-stitch blanket for me that had a saying on it. Not sure if this is something you want to use...

Not flesh of flesh
Nor Bone of bone
But still my own

Always Remember
You didn't grow under my heart
But in it

BellaRosa

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 12:22am
post #3 of 24

This may be a little long for what you're looking for. It was stitched on a wall hanging that a friend made for us when we adopted our son.

Dear God

My Mommy & Daddy were looking for a little baby just like me,
And there I was looking for a Mommy & Daddy just like them,
Thank you God for bringing us together.

The hanging was of a Mother cradling her baby.

Good luck on your search. Adopting was the most wonderful thing that ever happened for us......................
Bunny

Shepherd1738 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shepherd1738 Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 24

We're going to be adopting from China. Just wondering if the couples child was adopted there. There is something called Red Thread...which ties throughout the child to the parents...beautiful.

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." -Chinese Proverb

Chinese folklore
says that there
are invisible red
threads that
connect a
newborn child's
spirit to all the
people who will
be important in
the child's life.
As the child
grows, the
threads shorten,
drawing closer
those people who
are destined to be
together.

In china Adoptions Ladybugs have meaning as well.

Just thought this could help If she's doing an International Adoption in China

~Rebekah~

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 1:59am
post #5 of 24

BellaRosa,

My mom wrote the same poem in my babybook.

mikaza Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 24

Wow these are all great...the baby is actually from Florida, but I love the red thread idea!

I also found this poem on the net, I love it, but I'm not sure if its 'too personal' for me to be writing...

Baby,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream
that you were real.
Baby,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder
at your face,
And dared to lose
my heart to you.
And now, my sweet baby,
a thousand dreams fulfilled,
a million prayers answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
your mom.
And so now,
my precious baby,
I shall carry you
home.

mikaza Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 24

and...GOOD LUCK Rebekah!! How exciting for you!!

Shepherd1738 Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 24

Thank You! icon_lol.gif My husband and I are extremely excited and He graduates from Uni with his bachelors degree next year. We are so preparing for this. We have a name picked out. EmmaGrace. And we don't have a name for a boy. Usually China adoptions are all girls, but there are those who have referrals for boys...so we're going to request either and leave it in Gods hands. icon_wink.gif

Please post your final result. I'd be really interested to see your finished piece. thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 9:16pm
post #9 of 24

I found this online........thought it was beautiful......see what you think

When God wants something special done
in this world...

He sends a baby and then...

He waits.

Author Unknown

mikaza Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 24

ohhh, I love that!

thanks.

BellaRosa Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 24

I love that one mikaza. It is beautiful. I just got "reunited" with my birth family so we are doing a big "family birthday" thing this summer. I love them to pieces, but it takes someone very special to adopt. Good luck!!!

BellaRosa

Shepherd1738 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:13am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRosa

I love that one mikaza. It is beautiful. I just got "reunited" with my birth family so we are doing a big "family birthday" thing this summer. I love them to pieces, but it takes someone very special to adopt. Good luck!!!

BellaRosa

It takes someone very strong to give their baby up as well. From my standpoint someone out there gave their child up for a better future, or some other reason....so that I can have a baby. Alot of my friends who've adopted from China celebrate a day each year for the birthmoms. To honor their loss, their feelings, and the bond between BM and baby. It's something we're thinking about doing and haven't decided upon yet because we don't want to confuse our baby, but we want to give him or her a chance to celebrate The one who gave birth to our beautiful blessing. It's in Gods hands.

How refreshing to get an opinion from someone who has experience.

What a blessing to get together with your birthparents. Many blessings to you.

~Rebekah~

mikaza Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 24

I know this is a cake site and all...but I love what this topic has turned into!

My family has adoption all over the place (my future brother in law is from Korea, our flower-girl-to be is adopted from California, and now my newest little cousin...) It has always been my hope that once we get married and settled we set out to adopt...it just seems like an incredible way to build a family.

Now...I just cant wait for 3 weeks to make this cake! So many good ideas. I think (even thought she isnt Chinese, we still always consider ladybugs lucky!) I am going to make a garden theme whith sort of whimsical flowers...and have a few lady bugs walking around...and then possibly put one quote on each layer...I want it to look a little fanciful, but not TOO overwhelming, so I'll see how much I can squeeze onto it!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:49pm
post #14 of 24

Found on a scrapbook site-

I didn't give you the gift of life,
but in my heart I know
The love I feel is as deep and real
as if it had been so.
For us to have each other
is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
the gift of life----
Life gave me the gift of you.

sigh.... icon_smile.gif

kos

BellaRosa Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:51pm
post #15 of 24

I can't wait to see your cake Mikaza. I love the whimsical cakes...and ladybugs! lol Myabe you could do the state flowers of the parent's & baby's on the cake in a bouquet at the top to show the joining of the two families? jat

BellaRosa

...my lightbulb might possibly work today! lol...

BellaRosa Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:51pm
post #16 of 24

That is so beautiful Kos!!!

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:20pm
post #17 of 24

Born in the heart; united in love; adoption is forever!

I have that as my sig on my email.

My three children have come to me thru domestic adoption. We have had them since birth.

The are ages 4, 2, and 1 ...yes I know we were crazy! The last 2 are 11 months apart.

Shepherd1738 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:54pm
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

Found on a scrapbook site-

I didn't give you the gift of life,
but in my heart I know
The love I feel is as deep and real
as if it had been so.
For us to have each other
is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
the gift of life----
Life gave me the gift of you.

sigh.... icon_smile.gif

kos

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
That is so beautiful! icon_lol.gif

I agree, I can't wait to see this cake. I think the ladybugs will look really cute.

Mami, thats wonderful! You must have patience on your side with them so close in age. I have a friend who adopted two siblings. One is 2 the other is one...both from birth from the same BM. Anyways, Since she's taken on the second she says things are SO different. It's hard to go to the grocery store or take them out at all. Her 2 year old is on the go and the baby cries. I think now its finally coming to her., but she says it takes some getting used to.

This cake should be beautiful. I'm so excited to see how things come out. No pressure icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif I've just started making cakes, last night my cakes didn't come out level and the icing was too thin so the decorations kinda drooped. I don't know how some of you do it! thumbs_up.gif But I'll keep practicing. icon_razz.gif

~Rebekah~

mikaza Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:01pm
post #19 of 24

oh state flowers is a cool idea...I looked them up. Florida is the Orange Blossom, and Virginia is the Dogwood...

They look sort of similar, but if they are on there, I can always explain the significance...

BellaRosa Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 7:35pm
post #20 of 24

I'm not sure what color an orange blossomcan be, but you can do dogwoods in white or a maroonish-pink color. It also has the little divit part in the end that is a brown color from where it opens.

I agree..can't wait to see what you come up with!

BellaRosa

mikaza Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 2:13pm
post #21 of 24

Here is the cake! After all the talk about using a quote, I decided to keep it more simple and just make a sort of whimsical cake. I think it turned out pretty well!
LL

lesisalwaysmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesisalwaysmore Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 2:31pm
post #22 of 24

I really love the story behind this cake. You did a beautiful job!! thumbs_up.gif

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 3:00pm
post #23 of 24

It's beautiful!!!!! I bet they all loved it!

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 4:49pm
post #24 of 24

Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it.

I have pieces of quotes running around in my head, but can't seem to pull them out. LOL. I immediately thought of some Dr. Seuss things, maybe I can find them later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%