1950's 50Th Cake Ideas

Decorating By Rachdacake Updated 10 Mar 2007 , 2:45am by tincanbaby

Rachdacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachdacake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:24am
post #1 of 7

help need ideas for a cake- 1950's style and a wedding reception for my grandparents....... new at this so need somethinf easy but different. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif please help!!! thanks in advance

6 replies
Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:34am
post #2 of 7

hmmm 1950's which i love...and something different
how about a juke box and maybe some figures dancing on a checkered floor... or a drive in scene would be cute and on the movie screen you can pick a pic of your grandparents???

Rachdacake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:37am
post #3 of 7

thanks the drive in thing sounds good.... i think i will try that.....now how would i do a screen??

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:38am
post #4 of 7

I'm recreating the original cake - kinda - I can't see much detail on the old b&w pic - so I got the shape right - but it is 8,12,16 not 4,8,12 like I think it was. The party is the 24th.
Any one know what the cakes in the 50's were decorated with? My guess is roses, swags and such - nothing really fancy.
Good luck with yours!

Rachdacake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:41am
post #5 of 7

well as far as i know the 50's cakes were like golds and yellow i think, but yeah not a tone of roses but you got the idea i think..and thaks

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:45am
post #6 of 7

I would try to get a cute pic of your grandparents from the 50's and print it out on edible paper to recreate the drive in screen if you dont have an edible printer thing (which i dont have) try going to the grocery store they usually can print out photo images... i guess you can also do it non edible??? hope this helps!

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 2:45am
post #7 of 7

Cakes in the fifties were covered with boiled frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%