Somebody Stole My Photo!!!!!!!!!

Business By Kitagrl Updated 22 Feb 2006 , 2:52pm by ComplexSun

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:44pm
post #151 of 158

I have copied and saved this to my cake decorating folder so when people tell me I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about I can show them this. thumbs_up.gif

They will probably tell me I'm crazy but at least they'll know that I'm right.
icon_lol.gif

bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:25am
post #152 of 158

Well, kind of OT, but I checked my pans & all of the character pans have the copyright symbol with Disney, Mattel, etc. The Wilton 9 x 13 x 2 pan just has the Wilton trademark on it. Are the tree pans, bunnies & such that are only Wilton considered copyrighted or what since they aren't really character pans OR marked by any other brand name than Wilton? What about the Wondermold for dolls or balls?icon_confused.gif

Boy, this gets technical doesn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif

-bakersofcakes icon_smile.gif

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:31am
post #153 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersofcakes

Well, kind of OT, but I checked my pans & all of the character pans have the copyright symbol with Disney, Mattel, etc. The Wilton 9 x 13 x 2 pan just has the Wilton trademark on it. Are the tree pans, bunnies & such that are only Wilton considered copyrighted or what since they aren't really character pans OR marked by any other brand name than Wilton? What about the Wondermold for dolls or balls?icon_confused.gif

No the only ones that this pertains to are the Character Pans. The ones from Disney, Warner Bros. etc.
The pans from Wilton that aren't "Character Pans" from one of these big production companies are ok. It's just that they can't keep track of royalties if people make and sell the Character Cakes. Am I making sense?

I, also, emailed them to ask if someone has a home based bakery and someone came and asked them to make one of the character cakes if that would be ok and they said no. Selling of Character Cakes are just completely prohibited.

Lazy_Susan

bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:34am
post #154 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersofcakes

No the only ones that this pertains to are the Character Pans. The ones from Disney, Warner Bros. etc.
The pans from Wilton that aren't "Character Pans" from one of these big production companies are ok. It's just that they can't keep track of royalties if people make and sell the Character Cakes. Am I making sense?

I, also, emailed them to ask if someone has a home based bakery and someone came and asked them to make one of the character cakes if that would be ok and they said no. Selling of Character Cakes are just completely prohibited.

Lazy_Susan

That's good to know. Thanks!

heavenlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlycakes Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:48am
post #155 of 158

lionlady - well I know she lost an account (the only one she had I think) with a banquet house because her cakes were so bad. PLUS! Oh my gosh, this was the best one I heard - she did a cake for the mayor and he asked her about her business or something and she ended up saying, "My slogan is, Just Eat Me!" HOLY COW!!! I almost died when I heard that!
She may have money, but no class to go with it! I approached her at a bridal show to introduce myself (and brag that I'm in the local Bridal mag - Only baker icon_biggrin.gif ) so I asked her about her site... she was just like, yeah, I haven't gotten around to changing it yet. So I retorted with, well it's been over a year! You may want to think about posting your own work. So she says, well yeah, but I bought the rights to it when I bought the business... um, okay?? So she's comfortable with her misrepresentation! I suppose the first step to recovery is acceptance!

As for my friend, or ex, ex, ex friend's wedding goes, I haven't talked to anyone that went to it! BUT My mag is in the salon that my other friend works at and she's BEST friends with Meg... oh and just because I'm really a big B, I named my chocolate 3 tier cake on my website after her since she was my inspiration and it's the cake she never had! Ha ha ha ha.. That's right, I'm laughin out loud... Still!

G'Night Girls~

Tara

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:50am
post #156 of 158

I'm sure lots of people here know this already, but I thought I'd mention it for those that may not....as 'character cakes' go, what you can do is make a cake and use an action figure or toy or other figurine that the customer supplies or you supply and charge for. This is ok because the item has been purchased/paid for, therefore no copyright issues. Make sense?? lol icon_smile.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:50pm
post #157 of 158

Make sure that you don't buy the action figure and then sell it as part of your cake. The best thing would be to let the customer buy it and put it on the cake. In reality, the chances of getting caught at reselling a copyrighted item are slim, but who wants to take the chance?

ComplexSun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ComplexSun Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 2:52pm
post #158 of 158

There is a way that you can prevent people from copying pictures from you sites and e-documents. It's all in the coding of your website. It disallows them from "right clicking" on your pictures and links and everything on your site, which in turn does not allow them to steal your images. I believe the command is noclick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%