I'll Never Do Another Edible Image Again...

Decorating By IHATEFONDANT Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 5:28am by traci

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 15

The directions from KopyKake were horrid. I was using a round image..the printing was so far off it was terrible. The colors were horrid as well.

We messed with the entire thing for two hours..printed numerous times..all failures.

Soooooo....I threw the copier..image sheets and all in the trash.

I'm done.

icon_sad.gif

14 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 15

o hun you coulda sent it to me lol icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
o well.

IHATEFONDANT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 15

*LOL*...Too late is right...my hubby was going to the local landfill...so he took it all with him....never thought about it. All I knew is that I wanted the da** thing out of my house!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 15

Im sorry to hear you had a bad time but stop and breath! go get it and try again or take it back ! maybe you got a bad one and you can have it replaced?? thats hard earn money their , more cakes ,eggs ,flour and so on . but you well get it just dont give up!!
stacy,

IHATEFONDANT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks mama....I am breathing...now. *L*

I'll chalk it up to "experience"....I tried it and failed at it. I'll stick to what I know best and leave all the techie stuff to others.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 15

Don't throw in the towel (or the frosting sheet icon_wink.gif ) yet. I know the rounds are really hard to get right which is why I do them on the 7.5"x10" and then cut them out. Did you try the free software on their site though? It helps line things up.

As for the colors, you may just have to change your printer settings. Try resetting them to default value and then set the quality to high. The paper setting should be left at standard.

I think you should give it another go. Maybe do a couple practice pages on regular paper.

IHATEFONDANT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 15

I used the software on their site Lisa...printed samples on my regualr printer...they were fine...

Their site would not let me load the numbers off of my sheets to get printing credits, so I used the "emergency ones"...everything looked fine on the grid but then would print all over the place, instead of on the image sheet.

So we fiddled and fooled with it...would get it all set up and then would check the print preview and it was still skewed.

We messed with it for hours...so I gave up.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 15

You may have to do a print head alignment. Not sure though. The best advice I can give you about the rounds though is to not use them.

bigcatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigcatz Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 15

I had a lot of problems too when I first got their stuff. I think I got a bad printer and printhead. Everything I printed out was green. I wasted so many sheets and so much ink I almost threw in the towel too. I ended up buying a new printer. If you download Kopykake's software the round ones should line up fine. As far as the colors being off, I found that sometimes I have to change the hues on the image first to get them to print right...not sure why that is. I don't think you can ever get the images to print out exactly like it shows on your computer monitor though. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but believe me I know how you feel.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 15

I find that using the 1/4 sheet frosting paper is the best way to go. You can cut the shapes that you want. I think your printer just needed some minor adjustments. I had an aweful time when my black ink got clogged...but with a little patience and thanks to lisa...I was back in business.

I would not throw the printer away...I would try to get it replaced before I got rid of it. icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 4:42pm
post #11 of 15

Wow, that was some expensive stuff to destroy in a fit of pique! Image

IHATEFONDANT Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 15

Ah well.... icon_lol.gif

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:53am
post #13 of 15

What printer did you have. I bought the Canon 6000D online and purchased ink from tastyfotoart.com. It took about 5 minutes to setup and I was able to print a wonderful image on regular sized wafer paper and cut out the round image. Very easy. If you'd like, I would be more than happy to print an image for you if you e-mail it to me and I could mail it to you. I just printed 100 heart shaped images for a wedding next week in both color and black and white and I simply used a photo program already on my computer by Microsoft. The process was very simple and I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Willing to help out in any way that I can. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:19am
post #14 of 15

funnny how every time that i think about getting one of these i stumble onto one of these threads ....it makes me rethink everything and just keep doing things on my own ......

sorry but at least you dont have to look at it anymore!!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:28am
post #15 of 15

lastingmoments,

The edible printer was one of the best purchases I ever made. You just have to be patient when things go wrong. Usually problems do not happen often and are not impossible to correct. I use my printer every week...and it still works great! thumbs_up.gif

It is well worth it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%