Has Anyone Gone To The Nut Factory? No Pun Intended

Lounge By onebigdogmama Updated 28 Jan 2006 , 6:41am by SquirrellyCakes

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 4

I have gone to the one in Spokane on & off and at Christmas time for their chocolate covered almonds and other nuts. I would put a gift basket together for family. Then I was looking in one of my cake books and one of the ingredients called for unsweeted coconut. I knew they did not carry this in the grocery store unless you order and I forgot about the health food store. Then it clicked about the Nut Factory! They sell all sorts of nuts, candy, chocolates AND they also sell Guittard appels!--at least that is what the clerk said--they get in bulk and re-package under their name. SO now that is my DUH re-discovery. I just wanted to pass along if anyone is this area. The Nut Factory in Spokane also packages and processes some of the of their stuff. Here is their web site too. They also do mail order. The appels are under chocolates and then party mints. The website sells in 2# but the store sells 1# packages. http://www.thenutfactory.com/index.asp

3 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 5:43am
post #2 of 4

Hhmn, sounds like a great place to me!
Hugs Squirrelly

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:20am
post #3 of 4

Don't know about the Nut Factory, but down here we have the Nut House...I go there often! lol icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif It's a great place to find unique nuts to work into your baking. The best ones are the ones that have been slow roasted with a little bit of salt on them. They call them 'Naked Nuts', I think.

Ok...I read that and it sounds like I'm just being silly...lol icon_lol.gif There truly is a store here called The Nut House & that really is what they call them...I'm not trying to tell a dirty joke...promise! icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:41am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

Don't know about the Nut Factory, but down here we have the Nut House...I go there often! lol icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif It's a great place to find unique nuts to work into your baking. The best ones are the ones that have been slow roasted with a little bit of salt on them. They call them 'Naked Nuts', I think.

Ok...I read that and it sounds like I'm just being silly...lol icon_lol.gif There truly is a store here called The Nut House & that really is what they call them...I'm not trying to tell a dirty joke...promise! icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

For many years we had a store called Morrow's Nut House, so I believe you! They used to roast the nuts right there and oh my, in the winter time walking by, the aroma was amazing.
As for you not being evil-minded, hhmn..., ha!
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%