Business By Sonya Updated 12 May 2006 , 11:39pm by fosterscreations

SANDRAAMADOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANDRAAMADOR Posted 5 May 2006 , 4:42am
post #31 of 42

WHERE do we get this matrix helppp

Happygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happygrl Posted 5 May 2006 , 4:47am
post #32 of 42

The first thread on this board is called 'Pricing Matrix...Get it Here!'. You can find the matrix download in that thread.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 5 May 2006 , 7:45pm
post #33 of 42

Thank you gma!

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 8 May 2006 , 4:53am
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksmom

Thank you gma!

No problem!! Let me know if you need help.

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:57pm
post #35 of 42

I need help with downloading the pricing matrix. I have Windows XP. When I download it it says Windows cannot open this file. Could someone help me. Is there a way that someone that has it can change the file from excell. Thank you so much for your time. [email protected] icon_cry.gif

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:44am
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalsCakes5

I need help with downloading the pricing matrix. I have Windows XP. When I download it it says Windows cannot open this file. Could someone help me. Is there a way that someone that has it can change the file from excell. Thank you so much for your time. [email protected] icon_cry.gif

Do you happen to have microsoft works on you computer?

If you do I believe you can open the matrix with that program then save it as a works spreadsheet.

Alot of computers come with works loaded already.

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:20am
post #37 of 42

The big thing with the matrix is that you only enter data in a few places
you enter how many layers of each size pan you are using in the matrix tab.
It will then calculate the other sheets
shopping list
groceries etc.
The only thing you should have to change is the wage. It comes with $5.15 in there and I changed mine.

If you want to create a new matrix for each bride (I Do) then open the matrix and save as a template in your templates folder it should automtically go there when you select the file type but if it doesn't a it will be here
C:/program files/microsoft office/templates

that way you can open excel and click on File and then New and it will show up in your window and create a copy that you can save with that brides name. That way you can always have your original template.

You can also just open the matrix and save as but I like making it a template that way I know I can't accidently forget to save as and mess up my original.

fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:00am
post #38 of 42
Quote:

if you don't have Excel you can go to http://openoffice.org/ it is an altrnative to Microsoft Excel.

fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:01am
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gma1956

Quote:

Do you happen to have microsoft works on you computer?

If you do I believe you can open the matrix with that program then save it as a works spreadsheet.

Alot of computers come with works loaded already.

I believe works only allows one spreadsheet and the matrix is a workbook of many sheets.

fosterscreations Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:03am
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gma1956

It was nothing you were doing wrong, I just had not finished my statement in a formula. Try it now.

I had to reload it after I posted it just a little while ago. Now try.

GMA,
Can you help me out a bit. I have Dawns revised one and I have the one you fixed for Sonya. They have different servings for the same pans. But both say they are 1x2 seriving sizes. Is that a misprint are your slices larger? As your number of servings is less than Dawns.

Thanks.
Shannon

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 12 May 2006 , 2:21pm
post #41 of 42

fosterscreations,
Thank you for that website, that works.

I do have a question, when I am ready to figure a price, do I only use the first page labeled matrix and then all other pages will change automatically?

And do I go and change all pricing on pages that I need to for prices in my area?

Is this correct or is there any thing else you could tell me?

Thank you all so much!!!!

fosterscreations Posted 12 May 2006 , 11:39pm
post #42 of 42

If you are using Dawn's yes. But the one that GMA tweaked for Sonya is a bit different. You can email me if you have any other questions and I will do my best to help you out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%