Turning A Bear Into A Kitty.

Decorating By stassy Updated 26 Jan 2006 , 9:15pm by stassy

stassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stassy Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all!
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster! I'm a novice at making cakes, and in two weeks I'm making a cake for my cousins first birthday. He's really into cats right now so I was thinking that I could turn a 3-d bear into a kitty. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas. I'll be making it with a chocolate chip pound cake and using buttercream icing with a grass tip to decorate it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanksicon_smile.gif

5 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stassy

Hello all!
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster! I'm a novice at making cakes, and in two weeks I'm making a cake for my cousins first birthday. He's really into cats right now so I was thinking that I could turn a 3-d bear into a kitty. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas. I'll be making it with a chocolate chip pound cake and using buttercream icing with a grass tip to decorate it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanksicon_smile.gif

Hi
Im not sure of your recipe because i have never heard of it. Buttercream icing sounds fine. If you make the bear, cut off it's ears and make some pointy ears out of fondant. you can let the ears dry, but if you do so, make them with toothpicks coming out of the bottom so you can insert them out of your cake. You can then just cover the cake and ears in your grass tip. I think it will look fantastic. I used the 3d bear tin to make a teletubbie and cut of it's ears and added the ears and thingie on top of it's head in fondant, same with the face and arms.
Here's a picture
Nati
LL

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 6

This could be really fun cake! It's pretty much like the bear, but with pointy ears and a long tail.

You could drape the tail over one arm and make a butterfly perched on it's nose!

Or make a ball of yarn in front and some of the string wrapped around the cat.

Or add a real squeaky toy.

Or add a bow around the neck.

Or make a collar with a tag with a big "#1"

Good Luck

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

This could be really fun cake! It's pretty much like the bear, but with pointy ears and a long tail.

You could drape the tail over one arm and make a butterfly perched on it's nose!

Or make a ball of yarn in front and some of the string wrapped around the cat.

Or add a real squeaky toy.

Or add a bow around the neck.

Or make a collar with a tag with a big "#1"

Good Luck

Those are some really great ideas! You have to post pictures when your done! BTW, Welcome to Cake Central!

Leslie

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 4:24am
post #5 of 6

Veejaytx has a small bear she turned into a kitty in her pictures. It looks wonderful, you may want to take a look at it for ideas.
Hugs Squirrelly

stassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stassy Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm excited about making this cake and hopefully it'll turn out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%