How Much Do You Charge For Cream Cheese Mints?

Decorating By ccwkg Updated 6 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm by elvisb

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 3

I have made about 115 butterfly shaped cream cheese mints in 3 different colors. I'm not sure how much to charge for them. I spent about $3.50 to make them, and about 2 1/2 hours of my time. Thanks for your help!

Crystal

2 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 3

General rule of thumb on pricing is your cost of materials x 3. I always times by 4 to account for my time, but that seems kind of inexpensive for them. Sometimes I just blurt out a price and they're happy with that! icon_smile.gif

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 3

I don't do cream cheese mints myself, but you can do some simple math to get an idea. If you pay yourself $10 per hour x the 2 1/2 hours, that is $25. Add the $3.50 in materials, and you have $28.50. Now divide that by the number of mints you made, 115. That comes to 24.8 cents per mint, or $3 per dozen. If that sounds high or low to you, just adjust what you would pay yourself per hour and refigure. I use this each time I try a new recipe that I want to sell. It really gives me a good idea of what my time is worth with each project too. Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%