Cake Supply Site Found!!

Decorating By tabs8774 Updated 25 Jan 2006 , 10:18pm by ChrisJ

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 13

i was in my local cake store yesterday and noticed that most of their items(i.e luster dust, beads and most of their colors-paste and airbrush) had the same logo on them so i googled it when i came home and found it!! i haven't ordered anything yet but it looks like anyone(not just a business) can create an account and order at their prices. here's the sitehttp://www.ckproducts.com/productdetails.asp?getresults=796

i really hope i'm correct on this as i hate to go all the way to this store to pick up the things that i always need and can never remember to get while i'm there. icon_rolleyes.gif

hope this helps someone icon_smile.gif

12 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 13

Thanks, tabs....looks like a winner!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 13

Sorry, they only sell to businesses. They do have great products though! You can get them from countrykitchensa.com. They have great service and good prices.

tabs8774 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 13

looks like i typed to soon.... icon_cry.gif

after i posted my last post i went back to check it out more and sure enough it only sells to business' icon_mad.gif !!

for you guys who have a businees card or some way to prove an acctual business exists you may enjoy this site but for now i'm stuck going back and forth to the store tapedshut.gificon_mad.gif .. it happens to about 30-35 miles (one way) from my home!! guess i need a better memory in the future!!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 13

Looks like you have to have a minimum order of $100 also, along with verifying your business.

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 13

Have you checked out the countrykitchensa.com site? I've ordered from them several times and had good results. Great customer service and quick turnaround.
Leslie

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 13

Here's an idea,
Maybe you can make up your list and have your cake supply store "special order it for you" If they already have an account with em and maybe sometimes they don't need 100.00 worth of stuff but need to place an order maybe they can put yours in with it to make the quota. Who knows.
It's worth a shot. what's the worst they can say, No? Well that just leaves ya where you are already at. No biggy!

tabs8774 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 13

thank you!!! ncdessertdiva and peacock i checked out

[url]countrykitchensa.com[/url]
and found the same stuff!! no business proof needed!! that is the only thing that makes me want to leave my home state (SC!!!); the business restrictions!! one day i will be able to put a seperate kitchen on our property but we have 4(yes 4) kids and it will be a while for that icon_sad.gif ; in the mean time friends and family will have to do. icon_wink.gif

of course 4 kids keeps bday cakes regular around here icon_lol.gif

edited this for spelling and missplaced url[/url]

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 13

Even for those people who have a business account, you will want to avoid dealing with CK Products. We dealt with them when we first opened the Cake Central Store and it was such a poor experience we have decided we will find alternate providers rather than give any money to CK Products, no matter how convenient it would be to get everything from one vendor.

CK Products gets a big thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif from Jackie and I, for whatever that is worth.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 6:27pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

CK Products gets a big from Jackie and I, for whatever that is worth.

Wow! That is worth A LOT! Priceless, actually!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 6:31pm
post #11 of 13

My experience with CK Products over the past several years has been very positive!

katiebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiebug Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:15pm
post #12 of 13

Same here, I love the CK products. thumbs_up.gif

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 10:18pm
post #13 of 13

I found a bag of CK foundant mix at the store...has anybody ever used it? If so, what did it taste like?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%