Osama Birthday Cake....

Decorating By wendythekiwi Updated 8 Mar 2007 , 7:32am by Rachdacake

wendythekiwi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendythekiwi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 27

Hi there
I received my first order for a cake (short notice March 10th)but yay it's my first order from a complete stranger!. I need some ideas please as its for a womens 50th birthday but they want osama bin laden on it or something to do with him ....... weird i know, but apparently he shares the same birthday as her.
I am a beginner so nothing too crazy, its to be a one tier cake ... I would love to hear anyones ideas.
thanks
Wendy

26 replies
ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 27

I guess it would depend on if she LIKES Osame Bin Laden, does she?

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 27

Is it supposed to be a joke cake??? Not a very funny one, huh?

bj

wendythekiwi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 27

It's more a kind of joke with a group of friends.
I was thinking I could do a cake all fancy and then on the back of it have something to do with him hiding, so they give it to her looking nice then wait until she cuts it for a little surprise.?? Not too sure about this one!

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 27

Congrats on your first cake order! icon_biggrin.gif

However...
that's a very weird request and would definitely make me uncomfortable.

I know that's not the answer that you were looking for, but I just got a gross feeling all over when I read your post....ugh! icon_sad.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendythekiwi

I don't think so..... he's not on my buddy list! LOL
It's more a kind of joke with a group of friends.
I was thinking I could do a cake all fancy and then on the back of it have something to do with him hiding, so they give it to her looking nice then wait until she cuts it for a little surprise.?? Not too sure about this one!

that may be a nice compromise!

wendythekiwi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 27

I feel weird about it to.... I don't want to say no as she has just given me 3 other orders for March.... but I am totally stumped on this one. I don't find it funny and I have to do it.

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:50pm
post #8 of 27

maybe add a little pic and i mean a little pic .good luck

weberm05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weberm05 Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:51pm
post #9 of 27

hmmmmmmmmm.........very wierd icon_sad.gif

Good luck I guess

ChrisJ Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 27

Okay, I found these two pics. I like them both! You can change them as you see fit but it's a start.
LL
LL

wendythekiwi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:55pm
post #11 of 27

ok, now I am laughing!
thanks for the photos.
Wendy

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:58pm
post #12 of 27

I agree that this is a strange request. Maybe you could call back to clarify exactly what kind of a scene she is looking for. Personally, if I found out that they wanted a cake with a pic of Osama for serious reasons, like they thought he was sou great and how neat it is to share his birthday, I son't think I would do the cake, 3 more orders or no. If it's meant as a joke, then I'm still stumped, but I'm then that's where maybe she could give you a better idea of what she's thinking.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sarah

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 10:59pm
post #13 of 27

You could do a bunch of balloons and inside one write the woman's name and in the other write "Osama."

I wouldn't want his face on my cake, even if it was a joke.

Lejla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejla Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:00pm
post #14 of 27

Here is what I would do.Make the cat litter box.With his head in it.Just the way he deserves it.
But then again you may offend the birthday lady.I wish you good luck with it.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:00pm
post #15 of 27

I can't think a cake better to stick a knife in and cut. icon_surprised.gif Did I say that!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:06pm
post #16 of 27

My vote goes to the MAXINE picture! And that is the kindest I can think of that I would put on a cake.......Love the Maxine! icon_lol.gif

ChrisJ Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:07pm
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

I can't think a cake better to stick a knife in and cut. icon_surprised.gif Did I say that!

OMG ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky thing everyone here at work has left or they would certainly think I'm crazy!

Hey, about just a head shot of him with a target on his forehead and a 50 in the middle of it.

wendythekiwi Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:16pm
post #18 of 27

the smaller the better for me... I will call her back and see if it can be small... I like the balloon idea very simple and easy for me to do.
I appreciate everyones input, I hope I haven't offended anyone......

Wendy

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:18pm
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ

Hey, about just a head shot of him with a target on his forehead and a 50 in the middle of it.

I think that one has some definite potential. Picture a dartboard, with all of the rings, with numbers for each ring. In the center would be the little picture, with "50" superimposed on it.

I can sort of understand ribbing someone for sharing a birthday. A former cowoker shares a birthday with Newt Gingrich, and I put a small newt on her cake as an inside joke.

RedPanda

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 6 Mar 2007 , 11:40pm
post #20 of 27

How about a rear view of Osama lama ding dong and stick a bomb shaped candle in his you know what???!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man, how to do a cake for someone with an Osama theme??????I'm completly stumped.
Oh, how about a hill (or mountains) with him peeking out and make it an over the hill cake???? Could that be a possibility?
Good luck on this one.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 4:58am
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejla

Here is what I would do.Make the cat litter box.With his head in it.Just the way he deserves it.
But then again you may offend the birthday lady.I wish you good luck with it.

Oooh, lejla, I think this idea wins so far! Not quite in the birthday theme, but then what can they expect with this request!

Sarah

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:12am
post #22 of 27

WEIRD. If it were me, I wouldn't want to mess up the cake with an Osama theme. But I would put either Osama in the tutu or the Maxine or even his face in a picture of a toilet and put it under contact paper either on the top or the underside of the cakeboard. (If it were me, the underside :O) )-- Good luck with that one!

wendythekiwi Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:36am
post #23 of 27

thanks everyone for your ideas. i have come up with an idea and will go with this.
make a beautiful cake for the 50th and then a small cupcake for the osama birthday theme so it is there but not in your face.

Wendy

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 5:51am
post #24 of 27

Good thinking. I have a sense of humor but I wouldn't like my 50th cake to look like him.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:01am
post #25 of 27
Quote:

Good thinking. I have a sense of humor but I wouldn't like my 50th cake to look like him.

I can take a good joke like most people but I think that would offend me too!!! thumbsdown.gif I mean the pic on the big cake. The cupcake is a great save!!!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 7 Mar 2007 , 6:27pm
post #26 of 27
Quote:

icon_lol.gif Maybe even a just-sharpened saw?

Rachdacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachdacake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:32am
post #27 of 27

i am new to this but i was thinkin if its a joke and they dont like him then maybe some how make the cake his head and have the cake dyed to be red so when they cut it open ....well you get the idea.... not to be mean or any thing but hey everyone has an opinion ..........good luck! usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%