Okay!!! You Can Only Take One.......

Lounge By gma1956 Updated 20 Jan 2006 , 2:46am by gma1956

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 20

You are told you have to leave your home and you have very little room to take anything with you.

As a matter of fact you can ONLY TAKE 1 of your precious appliances, gadgets, etc you use for cake decorating with you.....

What would it be.

I would have to take my Kitchen Aid -- I hardly do anything without it.

How about your

19 replies
MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 20

OMG! My worst nightmare. I don't even like to think about it. [shudder]

I guess I'd have to say my KA also (unless diswashers count!!).

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 20

my whole bookshelf w/ all my books, yearbooks and other sources of inspiration (many rare and nearly irreplaceable)

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 20

..that would have to be my binder with all my formulas/recipes.....without that, my KA won't be of any use to me! The second item would be my KA!icon_smile.gif

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 20

Well, if Doug gets to take an entire bookshelf, I would settle for my decorating kit because it holds a decent amount of bags, tips, colors, and other misc. goodies. I always keep it packed and ready to go.

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 20

I would have to say my tool chest. It has everything in it. I stole it from my husband because he never even opened the box!!!

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 20

I'd take my roll about tool chest, it is full of my decorating things, decorating books etc.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 5:35pm
post #8 of 20

OMG - I am a serious gadget queen! It would have to be my KA.
In fact, I'm going back to England in March for my mother's 80th birthday. She's having a party and I'm making the cake. Obviously I can't take my US KA with me, so I've asked my sister to buy me a UK KA to use. I'll then donate that to my sister's catering business (I'm a silent partner).

gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

my whole bookshelf w/ all my books, yearbooks and other sources of inspiration (many rare and nearly irreplaceable)

I have many books too! I can just sit and browse all the time.

gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:00pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

..that would have to be my binder with all my formulas/recipes.....without that, my KA won't be of any use to me! The second item would be my KA!icon_smile.gif

I would be at a loss if I lost that too!

gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritBB

OMG - I am a serious gadget queen! It would have to be my KA.
In fact, I'm going back to England in March for my mother's 80th birthday. She's having a party and I'm making the cake. Obviously I can't take my US KA with me, so I've asked my sister to buy me a UK KA to use. I'll then donate that to my sister's catering business (I'm a silent partner).

I am a gadget queen too. I exam everything and anything with the prospect of becoming a decorating tool or part of the decoration itself (food items)

gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:08pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnrunner

I'd take my roll about tool chest, it is full of my decorating things, decorating books etc.

That is such a great idea. You could take alot of stuff that way.

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:47pm
post #13 of 20

...if that's the case, can we all meet at one place and share???? icon_biggrin.gif

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:54am
post #14 of 20

GMA, can't take the credit for getting a roll about tool chest, my bil bought one for him and my sister when we were taking the decorating classes. We had so much stuff to lug to our class from the parking lot, including a cake, that he tried to find a better/easier way for us to do so. It has been a life saver and a great way to store everything in one place.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 1:12am
post #15 of 20

ahhh.. My KA.. I then would get Missey and Dougs address and would send them $$$$ for their precious recipes.. LOL I am a very forgetful person. I have recipes in every nuke and cranny of my house..

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 1:20am
post #16 of 20

Definitely my KA!!!

Then I would securely tape my handwritten recipe book to my body underneath the biggest shirt I could find!!!

It has all of my popular cake recipes and mixes in it!!!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 1:45am
post #17 of 20

Definately my KA. Hubby just bought it for me about 3 months ago. I have NO idea how I lived without it!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 2:00am
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Then I would securely tape my handwritten recipe book to my body underneath the biggest shirt I could find!!!

LMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 2:40am
post #19 of 20

My computer, which has my recipes, tips, techniques and the ability to reach all of you for help !!!

gma1956 Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 2:46am
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

LMAO icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

HOLDING MY SIDES.............IT WOULD TAKE A REALLY, REALLY, BIG SHIRT FOR ME, UNLESS I WANTED TO LOOK PREGNANT, I HAVE SO MANY RECIPES.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%