Rice Paper???

Decorating By mrsfish94 Updated 6 Apr 2005 , 2:34am by suzyqqq27

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 10

I have no Idea how or what or anything about the rice paper method...Can anyone explain?

mrsfish

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 10

Are you asking how to draw pics on rice paper to use on cakes?

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 10

Well, yes and where do you get rice paper. I was unaware you could put it on cakes.

mrsfish

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 10

Rice paper and wafer paper are pretty much the same. They both can be used to draw on and are edible. One site off hand you can get them at, is Sugarcraft.com.

p106_peppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
p106_peppy Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 7:18am
post #5 of 10

I've noticed taht at the cakre decorating store the rice paper just sits in a rack... it's not wraped in anything. is that common? is it really something you want to be eating?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 9:00am
post #6 of 10

I've heard of a person using it for a finger dessert...something like a rolled cake with bavarian creme in the middle and the paper wrapped around that....I dont know if I could do that but hey its been done....but I'm with you the idea of eating "paper" is a bit out of the norm.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 10

I wouldn't worry about rice paper just sitting on a shelf. I buy my wafer paper from kopykake.com. It comes wrapped but I'm sure it sat on some shelf somewhere before it ever made it to my front door. It's better than mushrooms--can't wash the dirty little buggers just wipe'em and eat. Wafer paper is not good eats though. Tastes like paper...I've coated mine with piping gel before and that made it taste like sweet paper which was better but still not good. I used it to make sheet music for a piano cake.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 10

are there any cake pictures in the gallery that have ricepaper on them?

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 10
suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 2:34am
post #10 of 10

I used wafer/rice paper to make an edible butterfly.

It's on the site under theme/3D cakes under the butterfly category. We'll see if this link works:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=34&pos=0

Suzanne M.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%