Bridal Fair-One Cake Vendor!(Long)

Decorating By soccermom17 Updated 5 Mar 2007 , 7:00am by NewbeeBaker

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 4:57am
post #1 of 4

Ok. I couldn't believe my eyes today. A friend and I went to a bridal fair at a very elegant center. There were 4 photographers, several formal attire places and only 1 cake vendor. Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me! I will be there next year for sure! I brought my cards and handed them out. my friend saw people from our small town and walked up and then I asked if they had their cake taken care of. And out came my business card. Wait! How did that get in my purse?! Oh yes, I do wedding cakes. (never had an order yet! Just started my business the first of the year and am now getting confident in my skills. Just need to post all of my latest pics. Also, I approached a gal who is getting married in May (possibly, they don't have a definite date yet!) She said she didn't have anyone to do their cake. Obviously they had been looking into it because they don't like the same cake, so they want a grooms cake too. And he wants a ball and chain. How cute! I said yeah, I can do that. Fondant for the links, etc. She said really? Nobody she talked to would do it! I said it wouldn't be a problem. (I don't tell people no. I figure out a way to make it happen!) Just had to share. i can't believe there was only 1 vendor.
Next year there will 1 more! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
hjanotta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hjanotta Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 5:06am
post #2 of 4

Good luck! I hope you get some call backs from today.

tonyab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyab Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 6:22am
post #3 of 4

good for you and good luck with your new business. You'll have to post a picture of the Ball and Chain Cake!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 7:00am
post #4 of 4

Woot! Way to work it girl!! I would love to see that ball and chain cake too, it sounds awesome=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%