What Quantity Buttercream For Basketweave??

Decorating By AngelWendy Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 5:11pm by thecakemaker

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 6:53am
post #1 of 4

Please help ASAP. I need to know how much buttercream frosting I need to have to do basketweave on the sides of a double layer of a 9" long oval cake. The teacher told us to bring a double recipe (6 cups), but that was for the standard Course II oval pans which are more like 6" long. I have 9" long oval pans which she has approved me to use, but not sure how much frosting I will need. Class is this Monday evening. If I bring just the double recipe will I likely run out?

How much do you use for basketweave on two 8" rounds and/or two 9" rounds, as well (ie. double layer). I just am curious about that for future reference.

Thank you,
~AngelWendy

3 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:34am
post #2 of 4

when I have done the basketweave I have just used Wiltons BC recipe and it worked great and I made a double batch, had leftovers but with an oval I think I would do a triple batch. I do think that would be more then enough, if you have leftovers you have practice icing.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 4

You can also save it for your next cake.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 4

Check out my Easter bonnet cake. This cake including the rim took less than 2 of the regular sized icing bags full of icing to do. The actual cake was the oval from the Wilton class. Hope this helps.

Deb

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&member_id=1731&cat=0&pos=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%