My 2 Newest Cakes Posted!!

Decorating By dragonwarlord1969 Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 4:00am by veejaytx

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 6

Good Day!

I posted 2 new cakes!

The first is my daughter's 2nd birthday cake. I tried to do something slick which worked out, ok. I put a divider in the center of the pan and the left side had chocolate and the right had butter golden. The chocolate rose higher then the butter. It would have made an excellant golf course cake! icon_biggrin.gif But everybody loved it and nobody noticed my typo. I did not notice until a lady at work pointed it out to me.

The second was my emergency easter cake. I was gonna make a 3d lamb cake but, sadly, it did not make it. (I had a nice Easter lamb butt cake!) Sooooooo, I whipped up a poppyseed cake and put a yellow basket weave around the sides and a rope border on the top. The "grass" is dyed coconut and followed up but wrapped candies.

Joe

5 replies
melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 6

Your cakes look great! Did you draw 'Blue' freehand?

The Easter basket looks really yummy! It reminds me of a cake my mom made for my little sister when we were kids.

Melissaicon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 6

Good day to you Joe! I've never made a half-n-half cake so thanks for pointing out the possibility that one might rise higher than the other. Never thought that would happen. I liked your cakes--blue looked great and your BW is perfect thumbs_up.gif !

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:17am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissablack

Your cakes look great! Did you draw 'Blue' freehand?

The Easter basket looks really yummy! It reminds me of a cake my mom made for my little sister when we were kids.

Melissaicon_smile.gif

Blue was freehand and filled in with star tips. I wish I freehanded it, but my wife takes the credit for that one. She drew her and I starred her. icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 2:17am
post #5 of 6

Hey Joe,

Your cakes look great! thumbs_up.gif You're doing a great on the basket weave. icon_smile.gif Isn't it fun to do!! It's my favorite technique! Take a look at mine under Easter & Children's bdy (racecar cake) ~TC~

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 4:00am
post #6 of 6

Recently I made a half'n'half cake, one side devil's food the other french vanilla, and they baked very evenly, thank goodness. My son's office has just asked me to bake a cake a month (for birthday/anniversary with the firm) and they like the two-flavors. Maybe I was just fortunate they came out evenly, I will have to watch it next time! Thanks for the heads-up!
Janice
(I haven't looked at your pics yet, but your cakes sound great!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%