Buttercream/fondant Vegetable Help

Decorating By dragonwarlord1969 Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 7:39pm by tcturtleshell

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Everybody!!!!

I am in the early stages of designing a farm cake for my mother-in-law. Does anyone have any instructions for making vegetables out of fondant or butterceam? I have a small house mold that I'm gonna turn into a barn and a few toy tractors from the dollar store. I was checking online but found nothing. icon_cry.gif I have until July so I have time to experiment. It will also be a test for transporting a cake. It will be a sheet cake but will be transported in the summer.

Joe

8 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 9

Hey Joe...I did a farm cake and made the veggies out of buttercream. Here is the link, if you are interested!

To transport, I just used a double cake board in the box and put it in the back of my SUV, with no problems!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&member_id=492&cat=0&pos=31

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 9

Can't help you with fondant but here is what I did with Royal icing...I think fondant would be better though, you can make them more realistic.
LL

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 9

I made mine with fondant. PM me if you like them and I'll give you instructions.

I also think that if you make green roses with buttercream that they look like cabbages.

Here's the pic:

Suzanne M.

P.S. Mrs. Missey...how did you do the lettering on your farm cake...it's awesome!
LL

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 9

I love both of those cakes.....I could see both of those cakes on a table...they look so cool!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqqq27

P.S. Mrs. Missey...how did you do the lettering on your farm cake...it's awesome!

Wow! Both of your cakes are fantastic! ..and thanks, I made the lettering with an edible image!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 4:14am
post #7 of 9

They are nice cakes!!

Joe,

Wilton has directions for making BCI veggies. I don't know how large you want them but they do give instructions. Just look under cake deco. I think that's the one. You'll find it.
~TC~

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for that m0use! I haven't had time to figure out how to put something in my message~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%