Ideas For A 75Th Birthday?

Decorating By MistyC Updated 25 Aug 2004 , 4:20am by kika

MistyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyC Posted 23 Aug 2004 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 3

My husbands grandmother will be turning 75 this friday and we are all taking her out to dinner and I want to make her a cake. Something more than a plain cake but nothing that is going to take days either. It's going to be traveling for about 1 1/2 hours in the car.

thanks

misty

2 replies
JeanneG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JeanneG Posted 24 Aug 2004 , 1:23am
post #2 of 3

What are you especially good at, Misty? What techniques do you most enjoy doing? You could make a special cake with basketweave, or cornelli or sotas. You could add roses or drop flowers or balloons and confetti. How about a butterfly? Is there a particular border you love to do?

Grandma is going to love getting a special cake from you. Consider your time available and the distance to transport, and use your best techniques. It is bound to be appreciated!

A cake should do all right in a car that is comfortable for you. Don't pick a filling or frosting that needs refrigeration, and avoid stacked cakes (which you won't need anyway, for the small party) and you should be fine.

And post your results!

kika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kika Posted 25 Aug 2004 , 4:20am
post #3 of 3

the cake should be fine during transportation i just did a fondant 2 tier cake that had a strawberry and whipped cream filling, and the location was an hour away, just make sure you got air conditioning, and since your husband will probably be there he can carry it just drive carefully!!! icon_smile.gif hope this helps, kimberly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%