Ameerican Girl Party Cake Idea

Decorating By Darstus Updated 17 Jan 2006 , 8:33pm by Darstus

Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:29am
post #1 of 7

I have a mom who is throwing an American Girl Doll Party for her daughter. It sounds as though there will be a variety of the dolls shown at the party and there isn't one theme although they will be playing a Mystery game that involves Halloween. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

6 replies
bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:35am
post #2 of 7

Aren't there Christmtas ornaments of the different dolls? I think I saw some at Hallmark after Christmas & they were 50% off then, so they may be cheaper now. I don't know, but they might could be arranged on a cake or something??? Also, several other department as well as drug stores sell Hallmark ornaments, too, & there's always eBay if the mother OR you have got the time to buy & have them shipped before the party.

HTH,
bakersofcakes icon_smile.gif

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:36am
post #3 of 7

get on American Girls website and there is a birthday outfit you can buy ... maybe decorate the cake to match the outfit?

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:49am
post #4 of 7

well I have been to both AG dolls stores, new york and chicago. My dd has two of them and all of thier gf have them. The ongoing them when you go to the places is a tea party. I acutally know the woman who does the cakes for the AG store in Chicago. The are very pink...lol I would keep it girly and perhaps pink. Maybe put a little tea set on top with lots of pink bows and roses. If you had a printer you could print the dolls and make them into plaques and put them on the sides of the cake.

just a thought

Darstus Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. This mom is pretty picky about how she wants the cakes done! I will run some of these ideas by her. Still welcome ideas as this cake is not due until March!

familycakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
familycakemaker Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 7

Do you have one of their catalogs? I threw away the last catalog I had, but if I remember correctly, they had a whole birthday scene set up for one of the dolls. Part of the scene was a cake. You could decorate a cake to look like that one, especially if that particular doll is going to be on display.

Darstus Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 7

family, I don't have a catalog but have been to the web site. Mom and I are keeping in touch while we keep thinking!! Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%