Dawn Direct

Lounge By dodibug Updated 15 Jan 2006 , 8:45pm by stephanie214

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 12

Have you guys tried this stuff? It's great. The only thing I was hoping was that it could be used for a sink full of dishes not washing individual dishes (they don't tell you that on the front of the bottle!) but it still works great. I bought it because I was going to do some RI over the holidays and wanted NO grease. It really works great on my pastry brushes to get all the crisco out after I have greased a pan!

11 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 12

..good to know! I bought some at BJ's a week or so ago but haven't tried it yeT1 Thanks!

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 12

It's really different than the regular Dawn? I'm really happy with the usual stuff--I just thought they were trying to repackage and up the price on the same old, same old.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 12

It works very well for icky pans. No need to soak them.

I've been complaining to DH that the regular Dawn is no longer as potent. I was using gobs of it so now I just buy whatever is on sale. I remember when I couldn't even use Dawn without wearing gloves b/c the degreasers were so strong. Oh, well.

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 12

I love it too...especially for cleaning tips & couplers when using buttercream frosting to decorate...it dramatically decreases the effort in cleaning & degreasing these items.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 12

It really seems to work better to me but you are right it is more expensive so dh has been told-only for my cake stuff!! I keep a look-out for coupons for it.
I have also discovered a product called Bar Keepers Friend. It's a cleanser for pots and pans. It is awesome. I had some of my pans that had surface rust and other stains (thanks to Katrina) and they came clean and look great. And it's cheap! Found mine at Wal-mart.

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 12

I use it, but don't keep it out, as I found greasy literally car grease on the pump last week, so someone who was over workign on their car, coughbrothercough, used it and I was pI553d! That sutff's too expensive to waste for washing your hands! I did however find it and a large refill good for I think 2 refills at Sam's for like $8(?) a month or so ago, so decided to try it.

It doens't wash as much as they say it will, but I found if you pump the stuff on a sponge and use just a sprinkle of water on it, it'll last for plenty of dishes, not a whole sink full, but not just a few either.

I agree the regular dawn is nothing special anymore, it's too watered down. The concentrate or utlra concentrate is better, but just in between them both.

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:50pm
post #8 of 12

I got some when it was on sale out of cureosity, and the think I toticed first was how little you need to use! I really don't think its that expensive with that in mind.

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 12

I use it all the time and really like it. The other thing I like is the Dawn Power Dissolve. If you haven't tried it, do so. It is great for baked on stuff.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 12

[ADMIN EDIT: MOVED OFF-TOPIC THREAD TO THE LOUNGE]

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 3:40am
post #11 of 12

What on earth are y'all talking about it being so expensive? I bought a bottle of it several days ago for 2.50 or something at Wal-Mart. How much is it in your area? icon_confused.gif

I've used it ALOT in the past couple of days and am pretty impressed with it. At first I had trouble not using lots of water as I normally do but the bottle is right - you really don't need more water than what is in the sponge. I actually hand washed several dishes that normally would have gone in the dishwasher because I was observing how easily it washed stuff. For me, that's freaking crazy! LOL

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 15 Jan 2006 , 8:45pm
post #12 of 12

My mother and sister is crazy about the dawn with bleach.

Thanks for the info about the Dawn Direct and the Bar Keeper's Friend...will try both thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%