Thoughts On This Mixer's Review....

Lounge By Bren Updated 19 Jan 2006 , 12:13pm by tabs8774

Bren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bren Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

I was considering purchasing this Viking but after reading this on Ebay, I think I will go with a KitchenAid or Hamilton Beach.

What are your thoughts on this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Viking-5-Quart-Professional-Mixer_W0QQitemZ4430506916QQcategoryZ20679QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4 replies
llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

There's a problem loading the link you gave. Can you try reposting it?

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 3:42am
post #3 of 5

That would certainly take the make off the list for me.
Hugs Squirrelly

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 9:05am
post #4 of 5

That is absolutely amazing that Viking is doing business like that and getting away with it, not to mention the designated repair shop. I sure wouldn't want one now...at least KitchenAid will repair and replace without a hassle! I do agree that the new KA mixers are not what they used to be! Janice

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 5

oh my!! she's not happy at all... but i wouldn'y be either had i spent 400.00 on scrap metal for my kitchen counter!! icon_lol.gif

i would never consider buying a viking!! i made a mistake last year and bought a kenmore 375 watt stand mixer thinking that it ahd to be better than my ka being as the wattage was so much higher( i have the ka classic) WRONG!! the entire body shell is PLASTIC!! the bowl spinns off the rotating plate if you put two mixes in the bowl and stops completely if
anything thicker than that is in it. ( i.e cookie dough) i only spent about 100.00 but it was 100.00!! it could have been a start to a bigger ka icon_cry.gif !! but i learned my lesson i will know better next time. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%