This Bear Is Not For The Birds!!! (Long)

Decorating By princessjellybean Updated 11 Jan 2006 , 12:24am by mpitrelli

princessjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessjellybean Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 1:59am
post #1 of 12

Finally, finally, my bear pan filled out. icon_biggrin.gif I would like to thank everyone for their tips and thoughts. I would especially like to thank jenn2179 for the recipe she suggested. It was the one that worked. I wanted to try a pound cake mix mixed with a cake mix, but i could not find pound cake mix anywhere (went to four different stores). the picture is in my photos. man that bear needs alot of stars icon_eek.gif (think i will purchase the fur tip for next time and see how that goes). If it wasnt for my husband i would have gone crazy. After my first one failed he encouraged me to try again. after the 2nd one failed i was so upset and wanted to just give up. he said keep trying, kept telling me i just have to find the right recipe. he even helped me search on the internet for recipes. I was first thrown by jenn2179 recipe by the amount of crisco, but said hey lets give it a try. and it worked great and tastes great to...firm yet moist. thank you again jenn2179 and everyone else for just being there. and my husband for putting up with my cake failure. by the way the birds ate almost all the cake...there were like 20 birds in my backyard..i wanted to take a picture but they disappear so quickly, even when get close to the window, so openning the door to take a picture was out of the question. well im tired now so i think i will retire early. i really did not think the bear pan would be so much stress. bye for now and happy baking. thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:02am
post #2 of 12

It's soooo cool that you have a husband that's so supportive!! Mine was a skeptic at first but now he's always fishing around to see if I'm going to make any new cakes!! icon_smile.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:18am
post #3 of 12

Well, they say the 3rd time's the charm. icon_smile.gif Congrats!!!!!!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:28am
post #4 of 12

WOOHOOO!!! And he is such a cute bear too! Great job - and we are so glad you kept trying!!! thumbs_up.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:30am
post #5 of 12

I know it was a hassle-but be positive-now you have a cake recipe for it that you like so it will be easy next time! I love the fur tip-goes much faster-just depends on the look you want. Congratulations on a job well done and a big kudo to DH!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 5:44am
post #6 of 12

Great job! It's nice when our loved ones are so supportive of our endeavors!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 6:03am
post #7 of 12

Well he looks very, very good kiddo, perfect! Did you use the recipe that calls for 1 cup Crisco oil? Don't feel bad, I always tell people when they use this pan that it usually takes at least three tries to get it perfect. So you are not alone!
Hugs Squirrelly

princessjellybean Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 12

Squirrley,the recipe i used had 1 1/2 cups crisco and no oil...its in a post i did early looking for recipes. i would attach the link but dont know how. and thanks evrybody for the kind words and help. thumbs_up.gif

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 12

Congrats on your bear cake. Which tip did you use for the fur?
Thanx!
Leslie

princessjellybean Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 12

I used tip 18 from wilton the star

cakebybek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebybek Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 9:23pm
post #11 of 12

Well done he is perfect!!!!!!!

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 12:24am
post #12 of 12

Your Bear is so cute. I got the pan for christmas I just have not used it yet can't wait to try. My DH is also always looking out for different cakes to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%