can show Chicago - Arizona - Italy!

Would any of you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Debbie

11 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 12

OMG, I would say Italy..Vineyard theme.. I would love to re-marry again just to have an Italy inspired wedding..(sigh) I have my kitchen in a wine, grape, bistro kind of theme. I love it..I want my home to feel as if you just walked into another world.. I have alot to do, but one day (day dreaming).... Ok back to you, hehe Italy would be my vote!
Maybe you should do a vote on Chicago - Arizona - Italy and see what everyone else thinks. Give it a couple of days, then you'll know what theme your going with.. GOOD LUCK..

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 12

How big of a cake. You could do each tier that represents something of each place. Perhaps the bottom tier of chicago.. you could take sometihng they are famous for like Sear tower, navy peir, and put a decoration on the side that would resemble that (could do it is white to so it doesnt really stand out), arizona you could do catus or whatever is symolic of arizona, and then do the top with italy...

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 5:20am
post #4 of 12

I think the Arizona cake would be wonderful!!! They just saw Italy. Eventhough that would be very romantic I would do Arizona because that's where he is moving to be with her!! Kinda like a welcome & congrads all rolled into one~ ~TC~

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 12

Have to agree with TC....I think I would want something to remind me of the place we met or got married. I look back now and wish my wedding cake had a gazebo on the top, but it didnt. But I am thinking I want to reuse our cake topper on our anniversary cake in a week.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:45am
post #6 of 12

She would probably like a basic tiered cake. Does it have to be complicated to be special? I have seen grapes from fondant that look real and would be nice on a white simple cake or basketweave.

CakesByJoJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJoJo Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 1:20am
post #7 of 12

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and comments! I do appreciate them. thumbs_up.gif

I do like the idea of a 3 tiered with each resembling something - like Chicago, Arizona, and Italy.... but everything I think about seems overwhelming for me.

I also really like the cactus cake that Colette Peters did in her book, "Colette's Cakes."

After consideration, I do agree with Wendy that she just may like a basic tiered cake - I do have a fountain also that I could set up either near the cake with purple colored water - or put on the bottom holding the tiers.

I want this to be special for my in-laws and I think I have to do something outrageous to get the ooohhhs and aaahhhs and never thought about simplicity!

Thank you so much again for all your help!
Debbie

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 6:32am
post #8 of 12

It will be special because YOU are making it for them, regardless of what you do. icon_smile.gif

Blessings,
~AngelWendy

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:39am
post #9 of 12

Angelwendy... thumbs_up.gif I was thinking the same thing...
JoJo....dont forget to take pictures....I hate to think you put all this time and effort into this cake and forget to take pictures....I've done that! Not a good feeling!!! If and when you do get pics post it...I am sure it will be spectacular!

p106_peppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
p106_peppy Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 12

I like martha stewart wedding cakes... perhaps you could find inspiration from one of them?

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 11:50pm
post #11 of 12

Here's an idea for the all three places theme, but keeping it simple. Make the tiers, but on each tier do a black and white city outline.
Like for Chicago do an outline of the buildings
For Arizona do an outline of the desert with cactus and tumbleweed
For Italy- do a vineyard or the leaning tower of Pisa or a gondola with a boatman on the waterways of Venice (???Is that right???)
That would all look really pretty placed over the fountain.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:57am
post #12 of 12

Hey Flayvurdfun~~

How many years will you be married? Me & my hubby will be married 19 years in Sept but lived together a year before we got married. I don't know why I didn't run when he asked me to get married!! Can you tell he's not on my good list right now? LOL!!

~TC~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%