Jumbo And King Size Cupcakes

Decorating By TinaJoy07 Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 5:41pm by lexidus

TinaJoy07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaJoy07 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 6:13am
post #1 of 3

I am thinking of doing only cupcakes and was wondering what do you think you would charge for those jumbo and king size cupcakes?? Just your basic buttercream icing.

I bought the wilton cupcake book i am sure you would charge a little more for the more decorated ones like in that book.

Any ideas?? Oh yeah and i live in a small (ish) lol town. I know smallish is not really a word but its late lol

Thank for your input

2 replies
hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 6:30am
post #2 of 3

I charged 50 cents for a simple decoration like swirls and sprinkles on a standard muffin. A friend of mine said that was too cheap and I should charge 75 cents. I'm not sure about the large ones but I would assume you'd just double the price of a standard. I hope this helps a little.

lexidus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexidus Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 3

I do not have any personal experience with selling cupcakes, however there is a company where I live that recently opened. They sell mainly just cupcakes and charge $2.60 for each one, they are not decorated just have a thick swirl of icing on the tops. Keeping in mind you are in a small town, you probably can't charge as much but I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%