Favorite Pampered Chef Items

Decorating By camouflagegirl Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 2:16pm by lilkimberb

camouflagegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camouflagegirl Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:24am
post #1 of 52

What is everyone FAVORITE Pempered Chef items? I just received a catalog, and want to go crazy, but have decided I'm come here to know what to buy first. My number one item (and reason I requested a catalog) is the large cookie scoop for my cupcakes. What else does everyone love? What do you think I should buy my first time?

51 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:39am
post #2 of 52

The stackable cooling racks! Oh my gosh, I LUV these! Cooling lots of small cakes and cookies while not using a lot of counter space! I wish I had 10 more of them!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:41am
post #3 of 52

The large cookie scoop is great for cupcakes, and the medium one is great for cakeballs!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:41am
post #4 of 52

Those white Silicone Spoonulas...I have 6 of them in all sizes LOVE THEM!!!!!!

I think them are called scrapers

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:56am
post #5 of 52

I haven't ordered any Pampered Chef items in years, but my favorites were their potato peeler and their pastry brush.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:10am
post #6 of 52

What do they sell that you can't get at least as good quality and cheaper from a restaurant supply shop?

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:16am
post #7 of 52

I love my large bamboo spoons and the small ones. I use the small ones to stir the chocolate when I dip cake balls.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:23am
post #8 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisieBake

What do they sell that you can't get at least as good quality and cheaper from a restaurant supply shop?

My thoughts exactly. My daughter has these parties and cannot understand why I won't attend and buy stuff. What I really need I can get at the supply house or Walmart!

I realize that they price their products for their dealers to make money but like most "party" items they are too overpriced for me. And please......don't any of you dealers get offended. I am a Jafra dealer and I feel the same way about it.

Diane

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:25am
post #9 of 52

I can't live without my:

Stones! I don't bake cookies without them

Rubber spatulas-heat safe and stain resistant-OH MY!!

Cookie Scoops-for everything from pancakes to cake balls

Nonstick Cooling Racks-never used a better one

Cookware-if you can afford the lifetime guaranteed cookware and get it half price, DO IT!!!

Utensils-to use in my cookware so it doesn't get buggered up

I just about own one of everything and two of most. I used to sell it though, so I bought most at extreme discounts-WAY cheaper and better quality than any restaurant supply store I've ever been to. thumbs_up.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:29am
post #10 of 52

Ok, not a big sale item here but my absolute favorite pampered chef item is...... icon_lol.gif .......the little brown stone scraper thingy.

I use it to scrape stones, scrap stuff off counters, scrap off stickers, my kids have one in their bathroom to scrap off the toothpaste they always glop on the counter (boys), scrap wallpaer off the wall, spilled kiddie food off the floor....

Best free item I have EVER gotten! thumbs_up.gif

Julia

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:31am
post #11 of 52

batter bowls. i use them almost daily.
i bought a spatula from WalMart a few mos. ago & it is JUNK! I love my PC spatula.

emmiepeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmiepeterson Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:31am
post #12 of 52

I have the spoon/spatula scraper things.I love them.I've tried KA brand similar,no contest.These are so flexable,yet stable...if that makes sense.Love their pizza cutter.I also have their two in one roller/rolling pin.Awesome for cookies.I have the scoops.Love them.Honestly,everything I have ever bought has been well worth the money.Well worth it.

Have fun,they have great products.

Emily

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:43am
post #13 of 52

I couldn't stand it if I lost my large bar stone. ( it's like a cookie sheet with 1 in. sides on it or a jelly roll pan). I use it to bake my homemade rolls in.They bake so perfectly in it. If it broke tomorrow, I would pick up the pieces and order another one before the day was out.
I also love the batter bowl and lid. I think pyrex sell one like it, but I'm not sure it has a lid. I LOVE the lid!

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:44am
post #14 of 52

i would agree that the spatulas and batter bowls are great. I also have the ramikens. They are great for storing different colors of icing and the fact that you can bake in them is bonus. I used to sell it. So I have quite a bit. Now if I want something of good quality I buy it from williams sonoma. The prices are around the same, i dont have to wait and I don't have to pay shipping and handling. If you have a party its worth it and if you just want an excuse to hang out with your friends why not have fun cooking.

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:49am
post #15 of 52

I love my microwave steamer - use it every day! I also love the crinkle cutter, apple corer, garlic press, cheese knife, and pie knife/server. I have a lot of other stuff from them, that I got many years ago, and it still is holding up like it was brand new. I think it is worth a few extra $$ on a few select items to get a good quality product.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:50am
post #16 of 52

I don't use my favorite item for cakes or cookies, but I use it on average 4 times a week! It is the little round cutter for sandwiches- I LOVE that thing! My kids are not bread crust friendly, and the cutter saves me SO much time. Plus, the kids love having round sandwiches. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:53am
post #17 of 52

as a gramma, you HAVE to have their ice cream scoop! It slightly melts the ice cream as you are scooping it, so these tired old hands don't have to work so hard to make ice cream cones for the granddaughter!

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:57am
post #18 of 52

Not for use with baking (unless you bake a REALLY dense cake), but the knives in the sharpeners are to die for! I am positively devoted to my knives. Next up, the bamboo mixing spoons. I've had these for about six years and they've never split, nor turned color. I hate the yellow measuring cup thingy for actual measuring, but LOVE it for measuring out Crisco. I also use it to help make itty bitty cakes. I layer sheet cakes and then use that bad boy to cut it out perfectly, you can then shoot it out, viola. I don't like the adjustable measuring spoons. Love my stones. Bought the grease sucker upper once (I think it's been discontinued, looked like a giant pastry brush), but the husband somehow melted it. Oh, also love the ice cream scoop.

ptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptain Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 2:06am
post #19 of 52

I LOVE all my baking stones,bamboo spoons, measuring spoons, and that measuring cup thingy, cant think of what it is called but you can push your crisco or peanutbutter right out the end,that is the one thing I would not want to be without..

mcassada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcassada Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:47am
post #20 of 52

i could NOT live without my mix n scrapes!!! I love them sooo much!
great for getting icing out of the bowl too icon_biggrin.gif

MelissaRHK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaRHK Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:53am
post #21 of 52

I just got my recent order -- i picked up the new chopping board with the measure cups built in -- and the according decoring bottles --

and recently picked up the pie crust lifter --- it's perfect for lifting fondant -- it's a 2 piece 1/2 moon shapes that you put under dough!! it's excellent --

oh there's so much more that I love!!!

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:59am
post #22 of 52

I've gotten so many things over the years. I love Pampered Chef! I have both the large and small batter bowls, the microwavable "pans" (they have strainers built into the lid. I use them daily; micro veggies in for dinner.) I have the self sharpening knives, 3 stones (bar, small and large pizza stone), utensil caddy (holds all my spatulas etc.), 3 cookie scoops, small metal spatula, the dual rolling pins, pizza cutter (it has a plastic guard for when not in use), nylon stone scraper (relatives have used when they're down for a visit and I've had to give them my 2nd one). I probably have more, but just can't think tonight.

After a list like that it seems like I should sell the stuff. icon_smile.gif

shellypf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellypf Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:03am
post #23 of 52

Love my really cool can opener....I also have the bar pan stone but haven't used it yet.

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:03am
post #24 of 52

At one point I had most items Pampered Chef sold, but the last few years I have not purchased many of the new items. I of course love my stones, the batter bowls (I bake in them all the time!) and I have the set of small measuring bowls with lids. Perfect for coloring icing and baking!

There is a book going around work now and I am trying to ignore it!

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:08am
post #25 of 52

Oh No!! I didn't know this place existed. I just looked at the website and......well, this can get dangerous!! icon_wink.gif

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:15am
post #26 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGross

I love my microwave steamer - use it every day! I also love the crinkle cutter, apple corer, garlic press, cheese knife, and pie knife/server. I have a lot of other stuff from them, that I got many years ago, and it still is holding up like it was brand new. I think it is worth a few extra $$ on a few select items to get a good quality product.

Yep, I made the best steamed broccoli a couple of nights ago in no time, and just tossed the steamer in the dishwasher afterward. My metal steamer basket is such a mess to clean after broccoli.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:19am
post #27 of 52

I hadn't heard of this until now. icon_confused.gif It sounds like a tupperware party? Do they still have those? I remember my mom dragging me to one of those when I was like three. . . icon_rolleyes.gif

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:29am
post #28 of 52

I like the pie crust protectors, and the apple pealer and corer

icon_smile.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:23pm
post #29 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

I hadn't heard of this until now. icon_confused.gif It sounds like a tupperware party? Do they still have those? I remember my mom dragging me to one of those when I was like three. . . icon_rolleyes.gif

Kind of like a tupperware party, but a lot more fun. The consultant prepares food using the Pampered Chef tools and then everyone gets to eat it!

cheftracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftracy Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:19pm
post #30 of 52
Quote:
Quote:

MaisieBake wrote:

My thoughts exactly. My daughter has these parties and cannot understand why I won't attend and buy stuff. What I really need I can get at the supply house or Walmart!

I realize that they price their products for their dealers to make money but like most "party" items they are too overpriced for me. And please......don't any of you dealers get offended. I am a Jafra dealer and I feel the same way about it.

Diane

I sell Pampered Chef and I really love the items. I wouldn't sell them if I didn't believe in them. Cooking is my first love, not sales. These are good quality, guaranteed items. I wouldn't suggest buying these items if I didn't use them in my own kitchen.

My favorite tool is hard to determine. Can't decide between the new forged knives or my baking stones. Could be the spatulas. NOTHING turns them colors, still white as when I first bought them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%