Groom's Cake Bowling Theme

Decorating By boo-boo Updated 8 Apr 2005 , 6:59pm by tcturtleshell

boo-boo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boo-boo Posted 31 Mar 2005 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 11

Please help me with some ideas for a groom's cake with a bowling theme. This will be my first cake for someone besiedes family...so I want it to come out good!! I will probably just do a 1/3 sheet chocolate cake with a transfer on top and message probably a shell border. ANY IDEAS for a cute message or transfer would be great.

Thanks, icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 31 Mar 2005 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 11
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:02am
post #4 of 11

Yeah Kathy does a great glaze for those. I got her article on it and sounds pretty simple. I emailed her and she emailed me back... I cant wait to try~

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:07am
post #5 of 11

Hey My Sweet CC Friends~

Boo~Boo is my very best friend from High School & still is my very best friend!!!! We've been graduated for 20 years this year!!!! We live about 125 miles apart so we don't get to see each other much icon_cry.gif. We do talk on the phone alot, sometimes everyday, all day long, more then 2 times a day icon_lol.gif

I got Boo~Boo interested in cakes after I took the Wilton classes. ! I told her about Cake Central too! I think she's hooked to cake decorating!! I'm so proud of her!! She's doing so great!!! thumbs_up.gif

Love your pics Boo~Boo!!!!!!! See I told you that you could do it & you do it pretty darn good too!!!!!!

Welcome to Cake Central!!!! icon_smile.gif You will love each & everyone of the members on here. They are all so talented & give out wonderful advice!!!!

Talk to you later~
Love ya, ~Turtleshell~

flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 11:06am
post #6 of 11

How about a cake bowling ball going down an aisle.. not bowling lane aisle. Of you could do a transfer or some sorts, theres plenty of pics out there for bowling...I made a huge one for my older sons room wall....
Or if you were to do an actual size bowling ball in a shiny fondant type frosting, and putting it on a fondant covered base so that it looks like a new bowling ball to be bought...you could put a price tag on it, and instead of an actual price a congratulations note.....
I'm sorry I tried!

tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 2:22am
post #7 of 11

Hey Boo~Boo!!

I love your bowling cake!!!! thumbs_up.gif I TOLD YOU YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!! You did a great job!! I'm glad you used Kelsey's idea & my idea to use the brides name. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif He-he-he!!

DON'T YOU HAVE MORE FAITH IN YOURSELF NOW????
Your going to be a wonderful cake decorator!!!!! icon_smile.gif
Love ya, ~Turtleshell~ birthday.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 8:38am
post #8 of 11

There are a couple of bowling cakes on the Disney Family Fun website that might help get you started.
One is a bowling lane, the other is a large flat pin with a bowling ball sitting on it, that could be done in life-size, even with fondant, maybe. Janice

flayvurdfun Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 8:42am
post #9 of 11

THe bowling cake did come out great!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:54am
post #10 of 11

I didn't realize the cake was already finished. Is there a photo posted? I'd like to see it. Janice

tcturtleshell Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 11

Janice, it's posted under groom's cakes. It did turn out nice & pretty!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%