Royal Icing Lillies

Decorating By Beecharmer Updated 30 Mar 2005 , 3:26am by Beecharmer

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:17am
post #1 of 5

Hi again,

I am trying to make some royal icing lillies for the wedding cake. Using tip 68 & 14. I have never made them before, but following the directions it says to hesitate before letting off pressure at the tip of the petal. But when I do, it doesn't form a point. I have to do it with my fingertips. What am I doing wrong? Also, I have never inserted stamens before. I am assuming you just fold them in half and stick them in the center.

4 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:24am
post #2 of 5

You just stop pressure so it doesn't pull the tip of the lily up. Stop pressure & then lift off. For the stamens you fold them in half so there the same length & cut them in half. Then put them in one at a time. Hope that helps you~

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5

I forgot... you need med/stiff royal icing for this~

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:26am
post #4 of 5

Check the end of your tip, 68, it may need opening a teeny bit. Try it until it doesn't split any longer. I cut the stamens, not sure what others do ??? ....but it probably wouldn't hurt to fold them

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:26am
post #5 of 5

Thank you. I guess I will just have to practice. I tried it several different ways. I think for one thing my icing was too stiff. Will cut the stamens in half next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%