Birthday Cake Disaster!

Decorating By I_Love_Cake Updated 29 Mar 2005 , 11:47pm by m0use

I_Love_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I_Love_Cake Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:57am
post #1 of 10

Hey Everyone! It is sooo funny to read about all the cake disasters we have all had....(even though its not funny when it happens!) I have a disaster to tell you all about.....One night my friend Hershey 17 and I were decorating a birthday cake for someone and I was in charge of writing on the cake.....I was VERY tired while writing..(not a good combination!) Anyway, after I was done writing it out I realized I wrote HAPPY BIRTDAY!!!!! I left out the H! After having a small breakdown I composed myself with the help of Hershey 17 and I scraped off the writing and started over....Luckly, you couldnt even see the mistake! Whew!! that was a close one! Anyway....that was my disaster..... icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:38am
post #2 of 10

Oh no! What a funny story! Where is Perryville?? I'm from Lee's Summit, MO nice to see some fellow Missourians on here! Howdy

Hershey17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hershey17 Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:44am
post #3 of 10

Welcome to the forum I_Love_Cake!
Very funny!I'm glad you were finally able to post that story.
icon_smile.gif

I_Love_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
I_Love_Cake Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 10

Hi PureShugga! Perryville, MO is just about and hour south of St. Louis.....Its a pretty small town! icon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 10

That's ok I_Love_Cake ~ I made a birthday cake for a girl named Michele. I thought Michele had two "L's" in it! I delivered the cake to the birthday girls house and after she said how much she liked it she wispered to me "My name only has one "L" in it". I asked for a toothpick and took the extra L off. Luckily it was not a capital L so it didn't look like something was missing. Now I know to ask how the name is spelled regardless!

Debbie

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 10

I made a big sheet cake for a baby shower at my daughter's school, she teaches 1st grade, with congradulations across the top but with a D where a T should have been. When she noticed we actually agrued about the spelling and then laughed ourselves silly. I had her get a toothpick and removed the loop and crossed the T with that bit of icing. It looked funky to me but she said noone noticed. See, you don't point those little things out and they don't even notice.

I_Love_Cake and PureShugga I'm out here in Richmond, Kansas. Not too far from you Shugga. I make a trip up to the Boy Scout Rotary Camp twice a year and go skiing at Snow Creek.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 10

Hmmmmmm ! ConGradulations! That might work for a graduation cake!

Debbie

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 10

Hey, you all. I don't have a disaster story. But since everyone is saying where they are from, I wanted to say that I am originally(after Dad retired from the Army when I was 6) from Junction City, KS. It is likely that alot of folks won't know where that is. But I just think it is a small world since we are all from around the same area. And I have folks who stay in the St Louis area, too.
~Tanya

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 10

Sure I know where Junction City is! It's a way from me but I go thru there a couple times a year. It is a small world. Oh, I wish I knew of a bunch of cake ladies and gents in my area to get together and learn and share cake stuff. I don't quilt or get my hair done all the time so I'd like a cake/cookie club or something to share ideas and stuff like we do here, only in person.

You know I was on AOL for years and had the nicest times chatting with men and ladies in a Mom's chat room. Now since changing my internet provider in Nov I've felt lost until I got involved here. You just don't know what it means to me to find a group so great to feel like I'm almost chatting with, as friends and co-workers in a way. We are like this big network here an I think it's great. I'm glad to be a part of it. Thanks everyone and thanks Jackie!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 10

You bet! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%