Need Movie Ticket Or Popcorn Idea For Cake

Decorating By tex8798 Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 11:28am by Sarona

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 12

For my daughter's 11th birthday in June I am trying to make her a party either movie ticket or popcorn container cake. I need some help here as to what to make her. Thanks in advance for you help.
Sonia

11 replies
AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 12

Well, The popcorn bucket idea sounds like something you could do "fairly" easily. Hmm.. Maybe use three layers with the top one slightly bigger and then carve it when very cool to make the sides flat, but larger on the top slightly. Or you could bake the cake inh a large clay flowerpot, just fill the hole with foil. That might give the right shape. You could add a bunch of frosted mini cupcakes to the top for the popcorn overflowing. I'd do a red/white striping on the sides and write "Popcorn" on the side, too.

Here's a picture of what I'm thinking about for the design - sort of: http://www.jonespopcorn.com/bucket_of_popcorn.gif
and here's another of the more rectangular boxes, but with more like what I was suggesting for the side design:
http://www.giftbasketsupplies.com/catalog/image2/200126lg.jpg

Good luck!
~AngelWendy

sweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 1:01am
post #3 of 12
AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 1:20am
post #4 of 12

Those links are great! That's what I had in mind when I commented and was trying to describe it - those popcorn cake pictures and the cupcake ones. They made the popcorn with fondant, but doesn't sound too difficult. Best of luck!

~Angel Wendy

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 12

Also check out this one that was posted here: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=52&pos=3
Go into the galleries under 3D cakes under food if this does not work.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 12

Just a thought, couldn't you bake the cake in a flower pot and get the same effect of a popcorn bucket? Also it looked like one of those cakes had marshmellows for the popcorn..maybe little white ones sprayed with the yellow dye. hmmm..and some movie tickets made from fondant adding red dye and maybe you could use the food pens to make the design of a movie ticket, only instead of reading Movie Ticket you can put Happy Birthday!
hope this helps.. icon_smile.gif

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 12

This was my popcorn cake for an Oscars party.

If you have ANY questions...please feel free to ask.

I baked it in a terra cotta flower pot and made the popcorn out of fondant.

Let me know,
Suzanne M.
LL

Jeannine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannine Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 12

Did anyone find a picture of a movie ticket cake or maybe a picture of some movie tickets I could replicate? It is for a groom's cake and he'd rather tickets than a reel or popcorn. please help!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 10:48pm
post #9 of 12

suzyqqq27, Holy cow!!! That is so cute! How long dod you have to bake
in the pot. How did you get it to come out?

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 6:40am
post #10 of 12

Peacock,

I baked it for about an hour (until it tested done in the centre) and it came out just fine. I coated the sides with cake release before I put the batter in and when I turned it onto the cooling rack, it came right out.

Suzanne M.

CakesbyKimmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKimmie Posted 4 Jul 2005 , 8:50pm
post #11 of 12

I know my response is late, but you could always use the wonder mold to make the bowl or bucket part. It seems like a lot of work to make fondant popcorn, I would probably have used unflavored, reg popcorn, or make a popcorn ball the size of the bowl and attach it.

Sarona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarona Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 11:28am
post #12 of 12

Yes. I do agree with Angel. The popcorn idea is the easier way to gift her since movie ticket idea can get ruined on the particular day. I am sure she like the first one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%