Tequila Cookies

Lounge By smileyface Updated 15 Dec 2005 , 4:18am by Chef_Mommy

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 23

Hope I don't offend anyone here who doesn't drink but I just about fell off my chair laughing while reading this and thought I would share it.

Quote:
Quote:

If you are like me, we are always looking for that special cookie recipe to share with our families for the holidays. This is the one I personally make on Christmas Eve to be able to deal with the "families" on this joyous occasion.

TEQUILA COOKIES
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups of dried fruit, such as dried cranberries or raisins
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila(silver or gold, as desired)

Sample the Cuervo to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.
At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup.... just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit, Pick the frigging fruit off floor...Mix on the turner. If the fried fruit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.

Check the Jose Cuervo.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, FINISH the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

**** CHERRY MISTMAS ****

22 replies
mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 23

That is too cute!! I like it! Sounds like what I do when I make rum balls!

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 23

OH MY GOSH!!! THAT'S HYSTERICAL! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 23

This is truly one of the funniest things ever! Thanks for the laugh!

smileyface Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 23

Your welcome for the laugh. My 4 year old was staring at me like I was nuts and kept asking me what was so funny. I just don't think he would get it, LOL!!

mamafrogcakes, me too! Don't want anyone getting rum balls made from stale rum, ROTF!!!!

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 23

Just too funny!! icon_lol.gif

Sending it to everyone I know with a sense of humor!

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 23

Pretty funny! I'll be sure and add that to my recipe collection icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing it!

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:43pm
post #8 of 23

When I saw "Tequila cookies" and honestly thought that you'd lost it!
Personally, I don't like tequila but I don't think anybody (even if they do) will go for tequila cookies!

Too funny! icon_lol.gif

smileyface Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 23

lpino, I don't really think it is a valid recipe all though it might be if you leave out the tequila. Sorry, I probably should have posted this in the lounge area so I don't confuse anyone else.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:49pm
post #10 of 23

Can you make those cookies any time of day or only after noon? Very Funny icon_lol.gif

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:51pm
post #11 of 23

smileyface I think you're ok. It was a good laugh thumbs_up.gif

smileyface Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 6:56pm
post #12 of 23

Thanks, mamafrogcakes! I don't want to ruffle any feathers here.

Sure, bulldog you can make them anytime. As Jimmy Buffett says, "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere", right, LOL??

bookbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bookbabe Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 10:00pm
post #13 of 23

okay, that one's going to everyone I know............

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 10:13pm
post #14 of 23

Oh, I have a daughter that would be "blonde" enough to try that recipe, may have to see...tee hee hee

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 23

Love it! I sent it to all my friends. It immediately reminded me of my drinking buddy back in the day. Tequila was our poison of choice.

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 11:40pm
post #16 of 23

trust me, if you came to my house for the holidays, that would be a valid recipe. There are just those times when you need a cookie like that!! Loved it!!

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 3:19am
post #17 of 23

"lpino, I don't really think it is a valid recipe all though it might be if you leave out the tequila. Sorry, I probably should have posted this in the lounge area so I don't confuse anyone else."

Smileyface, I know this is not a real recipe... I just read the title and thought that I would never try tequila cookies but then I read the posting and understood...
I didn't mean to sound rude or anything, I was just trying to make a joke; I guess I'm not that good at that! icon_razz.gif

I loved the posting and I already sent it to some friends...

thumbs_up.gif

Laura

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 3:54am
post #18 of 23

When I saw the title in the forum, I didn't want to read it because I was thinking, "That's nasty". Now I'm glad curiousity got the best of me! That was too funny!

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I have a daughter that would be "blonde" enough to try that recipe, may have to see...tee hee hee

I'd love to see if my sister would fall for it too! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

smileyface Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 1:29pm
post #19 of 23

Laura, THANKS for posting. thumbs_up.gif I didn't take it that you were being rude, please don't think that. I am glad you enjoyed the joke. I didn't see the

Quote:
Quote:

Too funny!

on your original post so I was afraid you thought I actually had meant this as a recipe and didn't realize you were picking back at me in a joking way. Its hard to read others on the computer so I try to be really careful so I don't upset anyone. The confusion is why I said I should have posted this in the lounge. It really should be actually since it really is a joke and not a cookies recipe. I am sure there are others that think the same thing as you did. I don't think there is a cookie out there that I wouldn't try at least one. Speaking of blonde, I better email my Mom as she shares my love of tequila. I hope she hasn't tried the recipe yet, LOL!! dunce.gif

Take care,
TONIA

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 2:17pm
post #20 of 23

..that is too cute! As requested by smileyface, I will move this to "The Lounge" forum!!

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 11 Dec 2005 , 11:20pm
post #21 of 23

THAT IS SOOO FUNNY !!!

My boys came into the room asking whats so funny!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

dunce.gifdunce.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 7:19am
post #22 of 23

i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you i think i was the only one that was like ....mmmmmm tequila ....i have to make that....

I love it when a post actually makes me laugh so hrd out loud.

Chef_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Mommy Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 4:18am
post #23 of 23

I have to admit I fell for this and emailed it to friend who printed it out then she read it and asked if it was real when I read it I couldn't stop laughing. Lesson learned read completely before assuming its a good recipe.

Jackie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%