Chez From Carolina Cakes

Business By Chezerai Updated 5 Dec 2005 , 4:03pm by ncdessertdiva

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 9

Good evening to all- during this time of the year we are all very busy, busy, and even more busy. I am going to put up some of my fliers on tommorrow after school. At my afterschool job(which is very popular) and at the grocery store. I am ready to take some holiday cake orders for some extra holiday cash. I also wanted to know where I could buy some boxes for my cakes I have been using clothes gift boxes but that does not look very professional. So if anyone has any ideas or things that they think I should know before I start that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Blessings be to all.

8 replies
gotcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gotcake Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:26am
post #2 of 9

As far as the boxes are you here in the USA or elsewhere?
You might want to be careful about putting flyers in a food store...they might not like you advertising cake for sale especially since they sell cake mix and icings themselves and they might call the local board of health to your house or the local inspector might see the flyers himself and shut you down. Flyers somewhere else would be a great idea.

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:47am
post #3 of 9

thanks i am in sc, but where do you buy your boxes from?

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:16am
post #4 of 9

One place you can buy them at is: www.papermart.com

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 9

Hi,

There are several sources online:

www.countrykitchensa.com
www.instawares.com
www.restockit.com
www.papermart.com

If you only need a few, check out Hobby Lobby, Michaels or whatever crafting or cake store you have nearby.

HTH,
Berta

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 9

You can also purchase cake boxes with or without windows at Hobby Lobby or Micheals.

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 9

I too use papermart but also check out Ebay. I've gotten some great deals there as well.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 9

The boxes at Michaels are very flimsy..as well as the Wilton bake boards (I have to double them up) Do these places have higher quality boxes and boards?

Thanks!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 4:03pm
post #9 of 9

loriemoms,
If you go to Raleigh, check out If Its Paper on Hillsborough Street. That where I used to get most of my boxes and boards. Family-owned, really nice people and lots of good supplies for us.
Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%