Baby Booties

Decorating By Caligrl Updated 1 Apr 2005 , 3:44pm by m0use

Caligrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caligrl Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 8:12am
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone,
My sister will be having her first baby this spring and one of my parts in putting the baby shower together for her is to make the cake(s). The "theme" is going to be baby booties and the idea is for me to make individual cakes shaped like baby booties and a sheet cake on the side just in case we get last minute extra people or they want seconds. I've seen these cakes done once before but I'm unsure of how they are made. I'm asking you all if you could give your ideas on how to make them and pictures would be helpful. I know that you can also make them from fondant (thank you cali4dawn for your tutoral) but our first idea is to make individual cakes. I might make the fondant booties for the sheet cake. Anyways please help me. I have about a month and a half to get the best plans. Thank you all.
AMY icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 12

I would use the mini egg pan, that way you would only have to form the top portion of the bootie.

m0use Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 12

Wow- I am tired this morning, maybe I better clarify. Use the mini egg pan cakes for the sole of the shoes, then you only have to create the cuff portion of the bootie.
Is that more clear? icon_confused.gif

m0use Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 12

Wow- I must really be tired hehe
Find this using cupcakes: http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/babybootie-ck.htm

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 12

I saw someone use cupcakes. It was so cute, but I don't remember how it was done... anyone?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 12

that's the first thing i thought of, was using cupcakes, but i forgot where i saw that. thanks mouse!

m0use Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 12

Your welcome thumbs_up.gif

Caligrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caligrl Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 6:52am
post #8 of 12

Thank you everyone for your ideas. You are all so very helpful. I didn't even think of using the mini egg pan or cupcakes. I think I'm going to try both and then see which one works best for me. Now all I need to decide on is if I want to ice them smooth or with the star tip. It looks as if most of you use the star tip. Well, thank you again.
Amy icon_lol.gif
P.S. If you have more ideas or tips, keep them coming. More knowledge is always better. thumbs_up.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 7:14am
post #9 of 12

Perhaps making just the booties as the cake? A bunch of those booties stacked like a wedding cake, all different colors, and when it comes time for the cutting of the "cake" you lift off each bootie...

It's funny, I was just thinking of what to do for a baby theme cake for a "bundles for babies" class they have here on base that I was asked to make a small cake for.. wondering if I should do a cake or several baby booties (as cupcakes not like my suggestion)???

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 5:34pm
post #10 of 12

I made the booties from fondant and placed them on a plaque on top of the cake. Properly cared for, these last forever (literally years and years) and can be used as a keepsake in the nursery.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 3:41pm
post #11 of 12

THANKS MOUSE. I HAVE TO MAKE A SHOWER CAKE FOR THIS WEEKEND AND THOUGHT THAT THE BOOTIES WERE THE CUTEST THING. THANKS. IF I FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THE PICTURE I WILL SO YOU ALL CAN SEE.

m0use Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 3:44pm
post #12 of 12

No problem!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%