Anyone Ordered A Cake From Costco?

Baking By luv2cake Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 6:36am by cakeladyatLA

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:04pm
post #61 of 73

This basic recipe has been around a long time. You can use any number of ingredients, including Pastry Pride. My personal preference is 16 oz of heavy whipping cream (name brand, no store brands <they don't whip up as well>icon_wink.gif and a 4-serving size (small) of instant pudding. You can add fresh fruit (cut up in small pieces), canned fruit (drained, like pineapple), etc. Also to add flavor, use white chocolate pudding (doesn't taste like choc at all), and add a small box of jello; like strawberry, or orange, etc. One of my favorite is the orange, and chopped up mandarine orange segments & use it with a dark chocolate cake for filling.. your imagination can run wild with this ...

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:05pm
post #62 of 73

i've only done one wedding cake, so i dont' know how it will hold up... But the one I posted is a stiff consistency filling. It requires refrigeration b/c of the whipping cream, but I used it over the weekend for a cake at church that stood out nearly 5 hours and it held up fine. As far as i know, I didn't kill anyone icon_wink.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:09pm
post #63 of 73

I have to add.. my second favorite is to use the cheesecake pudding and add well drained crushed pineapple for a filling for carrot cake... ummmm
btw.. the basic recipe probably would not make a very good icing, as it gets a "skin" when exposed to the air... but as a filling it is like mortor for holding torted layers together.

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 9:38pm
post #64 of 73

I just came across this thread, and I'm so glad I did! There are so many recipes that sound delicious! Thank you!

mamatina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamatina Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 4:02am
post #65 of 73

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

alisapoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisapoly Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 11:22pm
post #66 of 73

I can't find the Jello cheesecake pudding mix in any store. What I can find is the Jello No Bake Cheesecake mix. It can't be the same though since the no bake require refrigeration before setting up. I went on Jellos site and I see the Cheesecake flavor puddingix but when you click on it it shows you the no bake cheesecake when you click on the other flavors you the pudding mix other products in that flavor.

Could anyone help as to which one they are buying? I would love to try this recipe.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 12:06am
post #67 of 73

When I have to plan a last minute party costco cakes are the best!

I love your cakes.

Costco cake decorators you rock!

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:38am
post #68 of 73

alisapoly, you can also use vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix . I don't think the No Bake Cheesecake product is the same as the pudding mix.

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:36am
post #69 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisapoly

I can't find the Jello cheesecake pudding mix in any store. What I can find is the Jello No Bake Cheesecake mix. Could anyone help as to which one they are buying? I would love to try this recipe.

Do you mean the cheesecake in the tub...ready made? If so, it's actually Philadelphia that makes it and it's in the cream cheese section. It took me forever to find it once because I thought Jello made it also.

But if you are looking for a powdered mix, then I'm not sure!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:23am
post #70 of 73

I also like Costco's Boston Cream pie.

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:39am
post #71 of 73

my dad has me get the carrot cake every year for his bday. I just got it this year but I think they changed the recipe. The frosting is definitely different than last year and the cheesecake filling was completely different. I don't think it tastes as good as it used to. Next time I go there I'm going to go in and ask the bakers there about it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:48am
post #72 of 73

Go figure. I've been using that recipe first posted with the pudding, heavy cream and milk at work for a few years. It's my generic "We don't have the ingredients on hand right now to make a real mousse so this will have to make do" recipe. People like it a lot. I usually bake off puff pastry and fill it with this and sliced berries then layer it a few times then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
I've used it many different ways but the above seems to go over the best.

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:36am
post #73 of 73

I find a more variety of flavors on stores like albertson's or ralphs. But that's in my area.

hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%