First Attempt At No Fail Sugar Cookies

Baking By mudpie Updated 24 Nov 2005 , 4:49am by JOYJOY

mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 7

Tried it and they really DO hold their shape..I was pleasantly surprised. The taste is OK,,I think I just am sick of sweets!!

So, does anyone have an opinion as to which icing is best..
Would like something.. that gets hard enough that the cookies can be stored stacked and/or be shipped.

Thanks in advance!!

6 replies
tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

I have used and liked the recipe by antonia74, ti works relly well. I think the addition of the cream of tartar helps to keep it from getting really hard plus the moisture from the cookie helps to keep it on the softer side as well.

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 7

would royal icing work?

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 7

aren't they awesome! I have done them twice and will never use another recipe. i use a really thin royal icing. i think the thinning keeps it from getting really hard like it does on flowers and the sweetness is a great complement to these cookies.

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 7

I am usually TERRIBLE at baking cookies, but I've used this recipe several times and managed to do them pretty well. For me, they truly are "No Fail"! Each time I've made them, I've used royal icing flavored with a little butter flavoring and almond flavoring to ice them and they've turned out really good.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 7

I like Toba's Glace icing the best. It firms up nicely but is not super hard.

Berta

JOYJOY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JOYJOY Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 4:49am
post #7 of 7

I tried the " no fail" and LOVED them as did everyone of my friends and family.
although i did use salted butter for one batch and found it EXTREMELY hard to roll and work with, why would that be??? icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%