Way Ot...teacher Gifts??

Lounge By llee815 Updated 25 Nov 2005 , 1:15am by llee815

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 4:07pm
post #31 of 48

llee815..... Fot the fortune cookies.... I just bought some last year and dipped them in chocolate .... some sprinkles, and put them in a cellophane bag and then the chinese take out box. I was thinking about making them, but was scared they would not turn out. I might have to try them this year. The teachers loved them.

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 4:27pm
post #32 of 48

or...ooh, ooh,ooh, how about a mini wedding cake...just to throw a hint!! icon_lol.gif

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 5:16pm
post #33 of 48

MommyEdzards,
I really like the fortune cookie idea. I think I'm going to try making them. They don't look difficult, just have to work fast to form them before they harden.

MsTonyasCakes,
With the mini wedding cake, I was thinking of using circle cookie cutters to form the cake. That way it can be 3 tiers but not huge! What a good idea. I've never done a wedding cake before though so it'll be good practice!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 9:06pm
post #34 of 48

Now this is why I love this site; so many creative juices flowing here. thumbs_up.gif

(and a few good chuckles!)

kos

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:03am
post #35 of 48

MsTonyasCakes.... your idea is BRILLIANT!! icon_lol.gif

llee815 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:28am
post #36 of 48

I'll be going to Michaels this weekend! They have coupons in the mail for 50% discounts! I know I will definitely be doing the ornament idea. I'm not sure what kind of food I'm going to add yet though.

kmcguire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcguire Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:35am
post #37 of 48

Why not combine some of the ideas......get a small basket, make cookies, decorate an ornament to attach, and include the cookie cutter used to make the cookies. I bet she would really love that.
DD can make a homade card to attach also.

llee815 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:40am
post #38 of 48

Oh! I definitely am planning on combining some of the ideas!! I just don't know which I'm going to do for sure yet. I know I want to do the ornaments. I'm going to try making fortune cookies, I want to make them about 4-5" long. If that goes well, I want to try and find a nice teacher appreciation poem. Don't know what else though.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 3:54am
post #39 of 48

I know this isn't what you had in mind, but I thought I would add to the list in case anyone else could use it. We had a lot of teachers in the family and what they liked to receive was a certificate showing a charitable donation had been made in their name. Could be the Salvation Army, a group that makes Christmas meals for the homeless, something like that. One year we bought toys for a toy drive and donated them in the teacher's name, provided her with a picture of the toys and description of who they were going to.
Hugs Squirrelly

llee815 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:30am
post #40 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrellyCakes

I know this isn't what you had in mind, but I thought I would add to the list in case anyone else could use it. We had a lot of teachers in the family and what they liked to receive was a certificate showing a charitable donation had been made in their name. Could be the Salvation Army, a group that makes Christmas meals for the homeless, something like that. One year we bought toys for a toy drive and donated them in the teacher's name, provided her with a picture of the toys and description of who they were going to.
Hugs Squirrelly

I didn't even think of doing something like that--for any occasion. Thanks for the heads up, it could be something I could do in the future.

llee815 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:39am
post #41 of 48

Has anyone ever given "Cookies in a Jar"? I wanted to do these and attach one of those little wooden spoons. I don't know anyone that's ever received them though. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:45am
post #42 of 48

i made these super cute lightbulb snowmen for my 7th grade teachers. they were super easy and the teachers loved them. icon_lol.gif
http://decorativetouch.deerhurst.com/freelinda.php

dandelion Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:46am
post #43 of 48

ohya...for the first step of the painting procedure i used white spraypaint instead of the sippling technique that they talk about

llee815 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:49am
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion

i made these super cute lightbulb snowmen for my 7th grade teachers. they were super easy and the teachers loved them. icon_lol.gif
http://decorativetouch.deerhurst.com/freelinda.php

Those are really cute! How long does it take to make one? I'm not really into painting so I know it would take me a bit longer.

dandelion Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 5:58am
post #45 of 48

they're actually really quick and easy. it's the drying that takes the longest.
i did the painting really simple: 2 dots for eyes, an orange line for the nose, a little line for the mouth, three buttons. i don't think i bothered with cheeks. icon_lol.gif i tend to cut corners if i can get away with it.
every snowman is unique and none of them are perfect, but they're all really cute!

JamieL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieL Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 12:55am
post #46 of 48

One of my favorite teacher gifts came from a student whose mother delivered three menus from nearby restaurants. She asked me to select a meal and a drink, and she brought it to me for lunch one afternoon during Teacher Appreciation week! It was so thoughtful--especially since she checked to see which day would be convenient (lots of lunch conferences, meetings, etc. some days). I know it's not the hand-made, lasting gift, but the thought she put into making my day has stayed with me! Just thought I'd share--hth.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 1:01am
post #47 of 48

That is a thoughtful gift!
Hugs Squirrelly

llee815 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 1:15am
post #48 of 48

Thanks for the idea and welcome to CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%