Cookie Recipe

Baking By VACakelady Updated 21 Nov 2005 , 11:59pm by beachcakes

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 9:42am
post #1 of 7

After seeing some of the cookie boquets and reading some about making decorated cookies, I'm hungry and ready to try. Where can I get good recipes for cookies to use? I've never made any cut out cookies before so any tips and recommendations would be helpful.

As for the sticks in the event that I try a boquet, should I insert those into the dough before baking or do they get attached with icing after baking? Which way works best?

Thanks for your help!

6 replies
edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 10:09am
post #2 of 7

As for the recipes, I've tried the ones at http://www.kitchengifts.com and they've worked wonderfully. Be sure to roll your cookies 1/4" - 1/3" thick, so they are strong enough to hold up.

As for the sticks... I'm sure someone will have an answer!

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 10:11am
post #3 of 7

Oh yeah, and also, be sure to read Antonia74's how-to on baking and decorating cookies... it's GREAT! http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 7

When I've made cookies on a stick...I used the Wilton cookie recipe and after the cookies have cooled, I attach the sticks to the back with melted candy melts. I don't know if that is the best way since I've only done it a few times, but it worked for me!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 7

I also use Wilton's Cookie recipe. I've always had wonderful results with it. As for the cookie sticks, I've done it both ways. If I'm making a large quantity of cookies-just for fun or for my daughter's class, I like to attach my cookie sticks afterwards because I can bake more cookies at one time. I attach the sticks with either candy melts or royal icing. If I want to make a cookie bouquet, I bake the cookies with the sticks attached. I think it looks more professional that way.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 7

I insert my sticks in my dough then I bake my cookies. I have never Tried to attach them after but this way I know for sure the cookies wont fall off the sticks and you don't need to take the extra step of using chcolate or candy melts to attach them.

I think there is a tutorial that one of the members made about cookies I have not had a chance to take a look at it.

Princess

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

I read at kitchengifts.com that you can insert the sticks right after removing the cookies from the oven and as the cookie cools, it expands and holds the stick, but I didnt' have good luck with that method. Someone said you can insert the sticks before baking and they don't burn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%