Sucker Or Popsicle Sticks?

Baking By gizzmo Updated 30 Nov 2005 , 2:56pm by MrsMissey

gizzmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizzmo Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 1:26am
post #1 of 7

i have made cookie bouqets using popsicle sticks because they are wider and i thought they might hold cookie better..i have never tried sucker sticks do they hold strong as well? thanks gizzmo

6 replies
doughboy53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughboy53 Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 6:12am
post #2 of 7

I usually use bamboo skewers and they work great. I want height to my cookies that are in the back. I have never had a problem with them. I have baked the cookies with the skewers inserted before baking as well as placing the skewers in the cookies after baking. I prefer prior to baking. The skewers are easily cut for differing heights.

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 6:16am
post #3 of 7

I've never had a problem using the sucker sticks. I've inserted them into the cookies before baking and I've also used either royal icing or candy melts to stick them to the back of the cookies.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 7

I have used both popsicle sticks and cookie pops sticks. I never have a problem with either of them. Insert them prior to baking and you won't have to worry about them falling off.

Cookie pops sticks come in 2 lengths. This way you can stagger the height of your cookies.

Princess

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 7

I have just started using wooden coffee stirrer sticks. They come in a box with around 1000 sticks for less than five bucks. They work great. If I need height, then I just wrap a second stick after decorating. I prefer this to the sucker sticks because they don't spin. I use the bamboo skewers for my smaller accent cookies. These are great when adding small butterflies and flowers to boquets.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 3:48am
post #6 of 7

I use sucker sticks. I have found the wooden dowels too think. And those of you with the bamboo...are you talking the ones you use on the grill? Where do you get them....are they strong..like would withstand shipping shakes?

thanks, Julia

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 2:56pm
post #7 of 7

I've always just used sucker lolipop sticks and attached with melted candy melts...it never occurred to me to use the popsicle sticks. What a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%