The Dragon Has Returned!!!

Lounge By dragonwarlord1969 Updated 21 Nov 2005 , 7:09pm by llj68

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 12:59am
post #1 of 13

Hi Everybody!

I'm back after a brief "vacation" from the forum. We bought a house in May and been busy doing house stuff. I've posted my latest cake. It is a retirement cake for my boss. He (and I) love Star Trek so I came up with the Star Trek symbol with the state of Virginia in it. (The symbol varies depending on which position you held) He is moving there. "Live Long and Prosper" is a saying that Spock always says. So I felt it was fitting to try and keep it on the masculine side. Everybody in the office loved it, including him. He took one look at it and said, "you came up with this, didn't you Joe" thumbs_up.gif

I took the pic before I found my cat standing on the box the next morning. Thankfully the icing crusted so it wasen't too bad. It was hardly noticable! icon_smile.gif

Now that winter is approaching, I can work indoors and I'm gonna try to do a cake a week after the holidays! I have a great plan for practicing cakes. I'm gonna make a 6" round cake for each person in my department. That way they won't get sick of eating cakes all the time! thumbs_up.gif

Joe

12 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 1:08am
post #2 of 13

Welcome back Joe, love your cakeicon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 1:21am
post #3 of 13

Glad to hear from you Joe. I can see why your boss loved the cake...such a creative idea too thumbs_up.gif Lucky, lucky for the folks in your office. You get to practice and they get cake thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 3:32am
post #4 of 13

Hey Joe!
Glad to see you on CC again! I emailed you the Pumpkin Roll recipe. Misdawn posted it for me. Good to see you are still making cakes~ I've missed seeing you on CC. There are a lot more men on here now! Your not alone any longer icon_smile.gif Cya~

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 4:00am
post #5 of 13

Welcome back Dragon!! Glad to have you back, your cakes are very nice!!

~Luraleigh~

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 5:30am
post #6 of 13

Welcome back...love your cakes.

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 13

Welcome Back...nice job on the cake thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 11:26pm
post #8 of 13

Welcome back "home"!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:35pm
post #9 of 13

Oh my goodness yes.....I was wondering where you were! So glad to have you back !

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:56pm
post #10 of 13

Welcome back! Checked out your cakes..they look great! Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 2:00pm
post #11 of 13

Welcome back, Joe!! Great cake!! Sounds like your plans for practice will work out nicely. I did that before and actually made a BUNCH of 6" cakes and then froze them until I was ready--that way you aren't baking constantly.

Here's another great practice idea that I got years ago from my instructor. She said to actually get that 3-line paper (you know, the kind you used in elementary school) and practice writing on that. It worked great for me!

Did I ever tell you that I have a Sarah, too? She's also 2 (6/24 is her bday). I just love your "Blue's" cake! So cute!

Lisa

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 5:21pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj68

Welcome back, Joe!! Great cake!! Sounds like your plans for practice will work out nicely. I did that before and actually made a BUNCH of 6" cakes and then froze them until I was ready--that way you aren't baking constantly.

Here's another great practice idea that I got years ago from my instructor. She said to actually get that 3-line paper (you know, the kind you used in elementary school) and practice writing on that. It worked great for me!

Did I ever tell you that I have a Sarah, too? She's also 2 (6/24 is her bday). I just love your "Blue's" cake! So cute!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I love that idea for practice writing. With my writing, I should have been a doctor! icon_biggrin.gif

My Sarah's birthday is 3/20 so since she's older that makes my Sarah better then your Sarah. icon_biggrin.gif I'm kidding!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif Mines in the terrible twos something fierce. She's entered the talking back phase. Whereabouts in Michigan do you live? I live just south of Port Huron.

Joe

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 13

Hey--my other daughter, Kailey's, birthday is in March. The 27th to be exact--she's 5.

My Sarah is also in the terrible two's! I swear, Kailey was NEVER this sassy. I can't believe what comes out of her mouth sometimes. Of course, she has red hair, too--so she's living up to that "standard", too.

I live in Shelby Twp. It's right near Sterling Heights/Utica. I've been through Marysville several times on our way to Lake Port and to the bridge. It's cool to have someone this close.

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%